Old Forum Access

Having problems using the forum? Can't find the answer in the FAQ's? Then ask here!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Old Forum Access

Post by welshhealey »

Hi there

Is it possible to get access into the old forum ? (around 2008 I think) reason for asking I would like to see the original advert of my Moonfleet as the seller's contacts are on there as far as I remember in which I have lost :grrr: and I promised him to send pics when the rebuild was near completion. Ta :thumbsup: very grateful if you can help on this one ;)

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Old Forum Access

Post by Alacrity »

I'm afraid when the then webmaster Brian Northall fell out with the committee over the use (or lack of) a lake owned by a friend of his that we had paid to use, he took the old board/website down & everything with it. As far as I know it has all gone unless he still has it somewhere. We have no contact with him as he won't acknowledge the existence of the CMBA anymore, even to the point of changing 'CMBA' to something else if you type it into his Old Speedboats website! Talk about childish. :roll:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Re: Old Forum Access

Post by welshhealey »

Oh dear :o never mind, it was worth asking I suppose, wish I'd kept the seller's details on the old style notepad and pen now :( however, I did e- mail him after I picked the boat up then, but, shortly after, my PC hard drive retired ! ( windows) :x and took all of my e-mails and contacts with it :grrr: gone over to Apple-Mac now,... in a word, bombproof ! :thumbsup: .

Many thanks for getting back to me Geoff, ;) sorry for late reply, been enjoying Cardiff Bay over the weekend :D