Russell Powerboats, Yateley, Hants

Know of any good venues for running our boats? Please share them here and give as many details as possible - launch arrangements/costs/restrictions etc.
Please use the location Name and County as the title of the post - thank you.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

HughN
CMBA Member: 0

Russell Powerboats, Yateley, Hants

Post by HughN »

I recently spent a morning at Russell Powerboats in Hampshire. It is usually used for wakeboarding / jetskis and [a limited number of] non-members are only allowed to use it during the week. £50 for four hours (morning or afternoon). Need to show insurance documents.

Nice gentle slip with versadock next to it.

Admittedly it was April but I had the lake to myself (apart from a very nonchalant swan).

(Video)
South Saxons - "we wunt be druv".

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Re: Russell Powerboats, Yateley, Hants

Post by floater »

I have used this lake a good number of times over the years as its not far from me. You used to be able to hire the lake by the hour which was handy as we worked just down the road so used to go for a ski over an extended lunch using a boat a colleague stored there. As you say it's now only a four hour block morning or afternoon. Either they have dropped their prices or they price by season as last time I went there it was late August and £70 for the afternoon. You can buy a years membership for £950 which allows you to use the lake at weekends as well, see:- http://www.russellpowerboats.co.uk/mari ... -ski-lake/. They only allow two boats on the lake at a time which can restrict access for non members at holiday times.
The boat lake is fairly narrow at one end which makes it interesting on skis.

HughN
CMBA Member: 0

Post by HughN »

It is deceptively shallow - just 5' - 6' in many places. The big wakeboats can't have an awful lot of water under them.
South Saxons - "we wunt be druv".

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

Think they limit to 19' LOA possibly for that reason.

There are a couple of other waterski lakes nearby offering annual memberships cheaper, but sadly not pay and play:-

http://www.burghfieldaquasportsclub.co.uk/ £400

http://www.twsc.org.uk/club-information/membership/ £677

Diomedea

Post by Diomedea »

Hi,

I used this a couple of weeks ago - excellent place and nice people.
Being "high Season" it was £60 for half a day (1 through 5) but it's close to home and ideal for a shake down.
The lake is 1/3 mile long, dock next to the skip and two others nearby.

Will be back there again soon when I;ve sorted out the minor bugs - but that's what the shake down was for!

Malcolm