Broom Saturn / 50hp Merc Blue Band / Snipe Trailer FOR SALE

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Classic fever
CMBA Member: 907

Broom Saturn / 50hp Merc Blue Band / Snipe Trailer FOR SALE

Post by Classic fever »

Hi all,

It is with regret I come to sell my lovely Broom Saturn - not getting enough use amongst other hobbies, commitments and family time.

It is well known to the club with, I believe, 4 previous club owners - the last being our current Club Chairman.

I wanted to list it here first with the hope that it stays in the club, before listing it on Ebay.

The boat is a 1970's Saturn Broom with a teak deck. The hull is in very clean condition and the transom as far as I can assess is nice and solid. There is obvious wear and tear, but generally a very pretty boat which always attracts lots of comments and conversation from people who see it. It had an extensive refurb approximately 6-7 years ago I believe - which included the teak deck, and interior. Unfortunately a painted spare wheel tyre was rested on the 2 rear seats during one winter storage and has stained them - otherwise the upholstery is in good condition. The boat comes with a custom made - heavy duty all weather cover.

The engine is an early 70's 50 Hp Mercury Blue band long shaft with a 1979 electronic ignition head - the classics looks with the more refined running advantage of electronic ignition. This is a particular advantage for smoother running at lower speeds on rivers. The engine was a complete rebuild just over 3 years ago and has since averaged 2 outings a year. It is in very clean and reliable condition and has a new prop fitted. It comes with the original Mercury red metal 20L fuel tank, new fuel hose & a heavy duty 12V leisure battery for reliable running.

The Trailer is a solid Snipe with rollers and a lockable towing hitch. The spare wheel and tyre is new and the wheel bearings were changed last year.

This is an ideal all round boat - with a semi v hull so ideal for both calm and moderately rough water. The horn works, but the Navigation lights need some attention if you require to use them.

Assuming the boat sells for the full price, I will include;
Lighting board for the trailer
4 new buoys (black) with ropes & clips
Anchor with rope
Set of white mooring ropes
2 x mooring land screws
New black tow rope
Engine muffs for running with a hosepipe
2 x flagpoles and one Merchant Navy flag
Some 2 stroke oil
Some pre-mixed fuel

This is a solid and reliable setup for someone. The price is £1800 to CMBA members (or friends of)

Please PM me with any questions. I am based close to Junction 12 of the M40 (Near Gaydon) for viewings.
IMG_0892s.jpg
IMG_0893s.jpg
IMG_1429s.jpg
IMG_1431s.jpg
IMG_1626S.jpg
IMG_1629S.jpg
Videos....

Classic fever
CMBA Member: 907

Re: Broom Saturn / 50hp Merc Blue Band / Snipe Trailer FOR SALE

Post by Classic fever »

*** SOLD ***