Ford 100e super chargers

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

chriscraft
CMBA Member: 0

Ford 100e super chargers

Post by chriscraft »

Hi all has anybody got or knows of or has any info on Shorrock super chargers for albatross my 3 ford 100e side valve installation
Any info or parts source gratefully received
Cheers David :wot: :help:
that bloke up north !

wisbang
CMBA Member: 346

Re: Ford 100e

Post by wisbang »

Woto david up north from pete down south. re shorrocks you need a C75B.with 1/34 in SU carb and safety blow back valve plus twin drive pulleys or toothed belt. faults with blower you need a total loss oil feed from engine hard to set with the needle valve fitted. R 47 spark plugs hard to find. a 9X10 prop. all shorrocks are old and suffer from grit damage to vanes and chamber they run hotter than normal plus extra petrol consumption you might like to fit a later mini blower with reliability. GOOD points loud booming exhaust and flames on over run .

chriscraft

Re: Ford 100e super chargers

Post by chriscraft »

Hi Thanks for the info sounds exciting flames out the exhaust should give these climax boys a fright when they pass me?
saw a c75 on the flea bay short while back but it was for a vw beetle I guess, with opposite ports, so did not pursue then found out the albatross installation was this one not convinced yet guess will have to fabricate manifolds in any case, not sure how to swing a toothed pulley on the albatross direct drive etc, guy I emailed with said they used the oil pressure outlet for the direct loss oiler feed ?? another chap suggested using asin Japanese super chargers apparently the Austin 7 boys are doing this, mind boggles, have you seen a newer mini set up working?
cheers for the response
David :drink:
that bloke up north !

Diomedea

Post by Diomedea »

I'm trying to send you PMs.
Are you receiving them?
If not please PM and I'll try to respond.
Thanks

LaDauphine

Post by LaDauphine »

D

just a thought, but our friend in the Netherlands successfully fitted a turbo to his 100e and that goes like a rocket. Given the comments above, that might be an option worth considering.

John will have his details.

R

chriscraft

Post by chriscraft »

Hi R Hope you are all well down there, I guess you mean the chap from Luxembourg apparently he's very quick out of the turns although I understand his is a turbo from a current mini ? but it may have been lost in translation.
interesting to see the minx on the market again just shows you we don't own these boats we just look after them for a while
cheers d
that bloke up north !

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

The (petrol) MINI Cooper S is supercharged David.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!