Wanted - prop, gauges, and merc stainless trim

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Dansteele
CMBA Member: 0

Wanted - prop, gauges, and merc stainless trim

Post by Dansteele »

Morning all,

Long shot, does anyone have the following stashed away in their hoard;

Quicksilver bronze non thru hub prop - 48-23587A2 - 13 ( 13 pitch 2 bladed 10 1/4") (or a pair of 48-27028A2-14)

2 x early airguide tachs (looking for the 690 models 0-7k rpm)

Stainless trim band for upper cowl - 29228A-1 fitted to mercury 4 cyl engines (i wrapped mine around the bench polisher! :grrr: ) can post pics if needed

Regards

Dan

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Wanted - prop, gauges, and merc stainless trim

Post by Rapier »

I've a top trim you can have - it's buried in the shed on an old '64 35, so I'd have to dig and take pics if you're interested. I think they're the same size..Re the props - they do come up on ebay often enough, but you'll be hard pressed to find 13 pitch or 14, 11 were more common here, but from time to time I've seen 10s, 12 and in the last year one of the 13 pitch ali versions. If you fancy a 13..there's one lying in shallow water and silt at Chertsey, along with the spacers and prop cone :cry: . Don't let it hold you back though, supply of the 11 spline through-hub versions, up to 15 pitch is plentiful and if you realy like the clunk of the box when you shift, the through hub bronze props are ignored on auction sites.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Dansteele

Post by Dansteele »

that would be great re trim, as long as no nasty dings I should be able to polish it up just fine.

reason for the 13 pitch bronze non thru is that I already have one of them on my other merc 300, have been looking both here and in the usa for a few months now to find its counterpart... a dive in Chertsey would have been less work!

I figure due to the twin set up, starting around 13 pitch should be roughly ok for getting them pitched correctly

RobSar
CMBA Member: 854

Post by RobSar »

Hi Dan
I have a either 13 inch bronze or an ali prop, also 2 of 12 inch and 2 of 11 inch, you could borrow to test.
Rob
The word "Cinderella" has, by analogy, come to mean one whose attributes were unrecognized,
or one who unexpectedly achieves recognition or success after a period of obscurity and neglect.

RobSar

Post by RobSar »

The word "Cinderella" has, by analogy, come to mean one whose attributes were unrecognized,
or one who unexpectedly achieves recognition or success after a period of obscurity and neglect.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

RobSar wrote:Here is a 15 pitch lefty
Rob, that's a 6-pot dockbuster (Direct Reversing) prop.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

RobSar

Post by RobSar »

Good thing your paying attention.
Thanks for noting it :console:
Rob

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

Post by solitaire »

Dansteele

Post by Dansteele »

Unfortunately nothing in that lot, thanks for the link though.

I'm thinking if I become really stuck, having an 11 repitched to 13 might be the way forward.

And thanks for the free Rob, I may end up taking you up on the offer.

...once the engines are back together again!

Dan