A bit of history

Brochures, parts lists, articles, manuals and more - scanned and shared for your use and enjoyment.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

A bit of history

Post by Alacrity »

Some interesting & fun stuff here. I visited the 1975 show as a spotty 17 year old & our club secretary visited the 1965 show as a spotty yoof.

Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

Re: A bit of history

Post by solitaire »

Thanks Alacrity - great memories, love the sidecar boat! - I did 4 or 5 Earls Court shows as a lad with JG Meakes, - back in the late sixties, I remember one year (1970) we had the entire Fjord range 17-40ft in the pool (we backed onto the Guinness Stand) Happy Days :drink: and bilges full of those nice (proper) guinness glasses.

Bronteboxer
CMBA Member: 915

Re: A bit of history

Post by Bronteboxer »

Thanks for posting those. Reallly enjoyed them. I lived about as far from water as you could get in any direction when these early clips were made and boats were just another world. But would have watched the clips in envy from the back seats of the Odean in the day. Probably to be honest more interested in the back seat company at the time!

Did that fella at the end of the 1967 clip really think that little flappy boat and outboard would float for his fishing trip!

Happy days.....