Building a Shakespeare

Brochures, parts lists, articles, manuals and more - scanned and shared for your use and enjoyment.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Building a Shakespeare

Post by Alacrity »

Interesting amateur film of the Shakespeare works - its not only the film that looks amateur!

I had a yellow 3.0 Granada with a tarmac roof identical to the one at the end, ahhh memories! :hmmm:

Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Building a Shakespeare

Post by catweazle »

nice find. :thumbsup:

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

Love it, thanks for posting :D

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

I can't claim to have found it :oops: , it was posted up on the Bill Shakespeare Facebook page & I re-posted it here as I thought it would be of interest.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Post by haventaclue »

Thanks. I enjoyed that,wonder where that mould is now. '78 capri ???
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist

Classic fever
CMBA Member: 907

Post by Classic fever »

Fascinating - I assume the gel coat is the liquid being applied at the same time as the fibre glass fabric is laid down. For some reason I thought is was a separate process. I'm not old enough to have owned a Granada, but my old man had a cortina with real wood for a dashboard :D

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Thanks..real blast from the past. We had a Falcon Station Wagon like that for 25 years, my Ma's car, learnt to drive in it...no power steering and 3.6l straight six, 3 speed manual on the column and bench seats - just perfect for the drive-in.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Classic fever wrote:Fascinating - I assume the gel coat is the liquid being applied at the same time as the fibre glass fabric is laid down. For some reason I thought is was a separate process. I'm not old enough to have owned a Granada, but my old man had a cortina with real wood for a dashboard :D
Yes, the white 'paint' being applied to the mould before the glass cloth is in fact gel coat.