identify boat

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

bean1969
CMBA Member: 0

identify boat

Post by bean1969 »

hi all i have just restored my dads old boat which he bought back in 1960/1961 second hand.wanting to get it on the water this year i would like to know the model and value,my dad seems to remember it having a link to aqua marine!here are some pics of"back in the day" but will post some uptodate pics soon i think it looksgreat on the water,i would be both interested and gratefull for your ideas,thanks.
Attachments
ell for lever
ell for lever
ell for lever
ell for lever

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: identify boat

Post by Rapier »

Welcome, it looks like an Aquacraft Attacker to me...There are a few in the CMBA, more details from one owner here, but search on aquacraft and you'll find a few more posts:-

http://www.britishcarweek.org/healeyboats.html
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

bean1969

Post by bean1969 »

thanks for input,yes i meant craft not marine ,have seen that post before and certainly has similar lines and shape of hull looks the same but the deck at the back not quite the same as the attacker pictured,but definately on the right track.i will search aquacraft like you have suggested thanks,i will put some pictures on later of how it is now which will help id it,and of course show it off! have spent a few years restoring it and time on engine.another reason wanting to know was for insuring it need to know a value,rang navgator and general and up to 3,000 pounds they were 162 pounds third party ,valued above that they want it certified, would appreciate your thoughts rapier thanks

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

These aren't my forte am afraid. Values are driven by what people may be prepared to pay for it at a given time and are always subjective. There are few around as I said, but seldom come to market in restored condition...
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

bean1969

Post by bean1969 »

ok thanks will shop around for some more insurance quotes and see if can find out more about the boat in the forums.