aquacraft job done pics

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

bean1969
CMBA Member: 0

aquacraft job done pics

Post by bean1969 »

finally got ell-folever on the water today and was all worth it to see the joy on my dads face 1961 he bought this boat the originall johnson is in the garage that might be my next project, the johnson on it i aquired 2years ago converted it to electric start, gearbox rebuilt new carbon crank seal fitted being the main jobs on engine really,and it ran well,few issues gear cable snapped and prop spinning on bushing,so couple of little jobs to do.oh might fit bigger fuel tank ha thirsty engines,still would like to know what model this is !here are some latest pics which are more detailed so if anyone knows!,hope to take it up to aberdovey north wales this weekend back to its old stomping ground.
Attachments
ell-folever
ell-folever
ell-folever
ell-folever
ell-folever
ell-folever
boaton pool 3 2017.jpg

aquacraftsteve
CMBA Member: 1056

Re: aquacraft job done pics

Post by aquacraftsteve »

Hi,
I think it's a rare Healey Skimaster, not an Aquacraft 'Attacker'

aquacraftsteve

Post by aquacraftsteve »

I must just say that I do not consider myself an expert and I'm sure others on this forum will probably give you their own opinions now that you have provided such a lovely set of photos, I'm sure we will get to the bottom of this soon.

bean1969
CMBA Member: 0

Post by bean1969 »

hi there steve well i am all ears to all responses would be nice to put a name to it,feel awkward when people ask and i dont have a answer,my dad seems to remember it having a flag on it when he bought it,yellow with a black cat!wether thats any significance i dont know! so dont even know what to insure it for currently 3000 including trailer and engine .what craft do you have!

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

Post by solitaire »

Whatever it's called, - It's nice to see another classic restored, and such nice condition,, looks a lovely job and another one saved! very nice to see her with a period engine. Congratulations on a job well done and look forward to seeing her at a CMBA event.......... :thumbsup:

aquacraftsteve

Post by aquacraftsteve »

Hi, Yes I can understand your frustration with identification and for people like me your photos help this process. I personally have two Aquacrafts, an inboard and outboard and two Healeys, a 55 inboard and 55 outboard (the last purchased recently). One difference I'm sure of between the Attacker (Aquacraft) and the Healey (skimaster) is the 'freeboard', this being the distance between the chines (overlapping boards) and the sheer (deck level on the edges). The Aquacraft 'Attacker' has a larger or deeper measurement here than the Healey 'Skimaster', so in effect one is slightly flatter looking than the other if that makes sense. Look forward to more discussion,
Cheers for now,
Steve

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

I'm sure a Skimaster was clinker construction.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

aquacraftsteve

Post by aquacraftsteve »

Hi Geoff,
Yes it was but only partial, two strakes on the chine, same on both models. If you look on the photos you can just make them out,
Steve

aquacraftsteve

Post by aquacraftsteve »

I have done my best with uploading pics, here is one of Aquacraft 'Attacker' from magazine ad and one of Healey 'Skimaster' under construction in Aquacraft factory. The reason I thought yours might be a Skimaster was the mid seat construction detail (behind front seat), similar but not the same ie curved (laminated ply),
Steve
Attachments
Barry 1.jpg
Barry 1.jpg (39.83 KiB) Viewed 14954 times
aquacraft ad 2.jpg
aquacraft ad 2.jpg (97.14 KiB) Viewed 14955 times

aquacraftsteve

Post by aquacraftsteve »

Here is another image of an Aquacraft 'Attacker' from archives at Liverpool Museum, showing same paint style as yours, starting to look convincing evidence now,
Steve
Attachments
melody-new-brighton-marina.jpg
melody-new-brighton-marina.jpg (22.96 KiB) Viewed 14933 times