aquacraft job done pics

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

aquacraftsteve
CMBA Member: 1056

Re: aquacraft job done pics

Post by aquacraftsteve »

Healey 'Skimaster' seating, clearly slightly different to yours.
Attachments
Healey Skimaster seating.jpg

bean1969
CMBA Member: 0

Post by bean1969 »

el-folever
el-folever
el-folever
el-folever
el-folever
el-folever
thanks solitaire nice to have praise from enthusiasts i did as best as i could with my skills, i know theres things that some one with boat building skills could do better but im happy.i have a couple of more johnsons40hp that iv acquired that i intend on get running ,yeah think i might come to a meet one day,i live in shrewsbury.well steve that is a nice collection, thanks for your help not familiar with all the terms give to boat parts/construction, the construction looks the same as ski master,on the inside of the hull. and also looks like the attacker you pictured in liverpool shame its not a close up pic,did aquacraft start making boats after healey!.does any body in the club have a attacker!.do you need some more photos showing any particular detail that would help,my dad made the well at the back,infront of transom to stop water getting into
boat,so thats not original,im sure we will id it for sure soon, thanks for all interest shown by all that have commented talk soon,
paul.

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

Post by solitaire »

The Cardiff Bay meeting is quite soon, great fresh (ish) water to play on, even for a day or two, always a friendly social event, nice boats, good company and cheap beer.
It would be lovely to see your boat there. Mrs J and I are in the process of finding a new home fairly close to you in the Ross on Wye to Ludlow corridor, so I guess Cardiff will be my nearest water for boating activities.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

This great post has prompted my theory that the Seasafe cruisers that we see on fleabay, from time to time, are a grp mould taken from Healey / Aquacraft.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

aquacraftsteve
CMBA Member: 1056

Post by aquacraftsteve »

I've just had a look and that's not a bad shout!

bean1969

Post by bean1969 »

solitaire wrote:The Cardiff Bay meeting is quite soon, great fresh (ish) water to play on, even for a day or two, always a friendly social event, nice boats, good company and cheap beer.
It would be lovely to see your boat there. Mrs J and I are in the process of finding a new home fairly close to you in the Ross on Wye to Ludlow corridor, so I guess Cardiff will be my nearest water for boating activities.
yeah ludlow 30mins from me away and in shropshire lovely county not that im biased of course!,well ludow not to far from mid wales coast aberdovey,barmouth etc aberdovey being my favourite good for boats as you got the dovey estuary and can always launch easily good for skiing too,and lovely scenary, well theirs my plug,ha.my dad use to moor the boat there in the 60s its about hour and half from here towing boat,wish i lived by the coast sometimes,especially down south,remember dad taking boat down brixham one year on holiday lovely waterways down there. yeah would like to meet up with people fair old jaunt cardiff with the boat,going up to coast this wkend for a break not taking boat thou as my brother is taking his he has a fletcher arrow flash hope weather brightens up,

Diomedea

Post by Diomedea »

The attached pic is rather grainy but the boat shown has markings similar to your craft although the bow area looks a bit shorter.
Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 00.37.39.png
It was taken circa 1962 on Ullswater and, I think the boat was called Snapdragon, but it was a long time ago.

bean1969

Post by bean1969 »

yes bit hard to make out boat thanks thou,skier looks abit uncomfortable there