14' Picton

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Re: 14' Picton

Post by haventaclue »

I had to google "Padded Keel". :) Should be fast....
I have no idea of the history of this boat.It was sitting in a mechanics yard getting shoved about from pillar to post when he wanted space for another damaged repairable,but I made no alterations to the hull other than filling scratches,cracks and holes.The owner himself didn't seem to know much about it either.I think it might have been part payment for a debt.
Every time I passed I would stop and tease my ever patient wife about how I would fix it,she said after "Murphy's Law" "No more boats",and,as I said in my first post,Christmas morn,there she was.My darling beloved has a warped sense of humor :hilarious:
Still not sure whether to put the Johnson Stinger or the Yamaha 75 on her :hmmm: But it'll be awhile
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

One of our members added a pad to a Healey Sprite; they start to chine hop around the 50+ mph hull design speed and I believe this helped. Both motors are very good..I'd gravitate to the Yamaha 75 though - I have a 60/70hp 3cylinder from '89 and I get around 39mph on 13ft 6 (flat bottom 50s hull), so maybe speeds around 45mph on the Picton.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Post by haventaclue »

Thank you for the advice :thumbsup: .I'll try the Yamaha,just means I have to plug more holes on poor auld "NO-KIT" ,then find a PTT for the Johnson,too close to sixty,still the right side of it, :heat: to be dragging an outboard out of the water :D
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist