Shakespheare?

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Re: Shakespheare?

Post by haventaclue »

Nice water,glad to hear the guy was ok.
Well back to the weight issue.
I removed the battery,110Ah and the stainless steel tank a combined weight of 58kgs,that is the trailer under the limit.Lifejackets and other equipment will have travel in the boot :)
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

:( I need to go back to school,need to lose another 22kgs,new trailer required,or brakes :grrr:

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

So much for the two year project. :hilarious:
Well after six years,I (think) can call this project finished :chuffed: ,as in that it has everything it would have had when it was launched originally,I hope,and a few it didn't have.Or am I being optimistic :hmmm: .
I have made the screen a bit bigger than the original,as Floater said,enough wrinkles in this auld face. :D.
I have opted to leave the fuel tanks at the rear,so I now have a filler and vent for decoration :D but the option to put a plastic tank in the bow in the future if I take a mad notion.
I test floated a couple of weeks ago with full load plus family,took her for a spin as well,a wee bit choppy.And the obsession of a Merc800 needs some attention,either a smaller pitch prop or a bigger HP.
This was never going to be a perfect restoration and some of the older,reused parts will be replaced in the future but I am pleased with the way it turned out,and sure the mistakes add character,that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D
So my thanks to everyone who advised and encouraged me,Floater and Sean Nos who supplied pics,instructions and parts.Anyway a few pics.
Attachments
Photo0342.jpg
Photo0336.jpg
Photo0340.jpg
Photo0339.jpg

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

:woo: well done! You must be chuffed with the result.
Just need to get out and enjoy it now :wot:

What prop are you running on your 80? I have tried a few and found a Vengeance 18" pitch works best for my 14 1/2 ft Mustang which as you know has the same hull shape as yours albeit yours is a foot or so longer. I have tried a 19" pitch but it is definitely more laboured.

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Running a 17P at the moment,but I had to make some adjustment to the throttle,it wasn't getting full open,maladjusted throttle stop.When the Merc was on "NO-KIT",she reached 5300 no problem with 19P prop. "NO-KIT" is a good bit lighter than "Murphy" so this is the reason I never noticed that the throttle butterflies weren't opening fully and only checked when "Murphy" wouldn't reach the right RPMs.
Weather permitting,she is getting wet on Sunday,so I'll check the RPMs.If I get close to the 5000 with four on board,I'll be happy enough.

Wikingboat
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Wikingboat »

Me and my wife cruising at 60 knots
Me and my wife cruising at 60 knots
One more Shake on the water, good. Looks fine. Onnea!
Still a little summer time left here.
Shakespeare, Argos and narrow places...
https://youtu.be/FV0qU-tRfO4
Attachments
image.png
It's so fantastic.
It's so fantastic.

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

I need a bigger engine :( . Or a hell of a smaller pitch prop.
Took "Murphy" out on Tuesday,three people,two normal weight,me,a "little" over the BMI standard :) .Wot only go as far as 3000RPMs.Also seemed to be struggling a little to stay on plane.
Pulled her out and proceeded to check everything,including the carb synchronization,a little off,ok,a lot.
Took her out today,all by my lonesome,still only made 3000RPMs and on occasion headed for 4000.Discovered problem with fuel connector,I renewed the line and primer this morning,it was sucking the bulb flat.So time to renew quick connectors.Or talk ever patient better half into buying large plastic tank for,that dreaded word,Christmas :lol: ,and fit direct line.
But that's the Merc.I did think it would be a bit on the light side for the Shakey as it is at the bottom end of the recommended size HP.Other than that I'm quite pleased with the way she turned out.I have a navigation light,which I didn't put on as I though it would look a little out of place,must buy a boat that will suit it :lol:
And she also seems to handle better than she did,or maybe I'm getting used to her temperament.
And now to get "NO-KIT" shipshape. :drink: :drink:

Wikingboat

Post by Wikingboat »

Last summer. Classic sports boats of Mikkeli, Finland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoc9nU3QbNo

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Nice speed,but I would hate to cross a wake at that speed :help: ,yep,my age is beginning to show :D :D :wot:

Wikingboat

Post by Wikingboat »