Bluebird Marine Jetstar 520 pictures

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

jetmadstar
CMBA Member: 840

Bluebird Marine Jetstar 520 pictures

Post by jetmadstar »

Hi all,
new to the club & forum. Went & brought a Jetstar 520 in need of tlc ( polite way of saying an old nail ). needs much painting / trimming, mechanical work & wondered if anyone has some pictures of their boats ?? :wot: any information as to how the levers should work would also be a great help. I'm a classic car mechanic, so the old essex v6 isn't the issue, its this Castoldi jet drive !! why has it got a handbrake ? I can see it turning any quicker using it & I think a handbrake on the water would be an invention to behold !! all it seems to do is lower the intake grille, what for ? :grrr: the windshield has no top trim & as its 2.6 metres lomg, I think it needs all the strength it can get, any clues ?? :hmmm: This is just for starters, I did get Lancing Marine to send me an operators manual, but I would like an experienced person to say oh you do this & that lever, well.... thanks in aticipation.. Jetmadstar

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Bluebird Marine Jetstar 520 pictures

Post by Rapier »

Here's one I pulled off fleabay...There are a few members with them, so stick around the site and someone may poke their head up at some stage.
Attachments
jetstar520525.jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

Dug this out of a 1974 boat world guide to sportsboats
And the price on page 7?
From £2000
good luck with the restoration should be a lot of fun when finished.

DH
Attachments
Jetstar 520#2.jpg

jetstar520
CMBA Member: 0

Post by jetstar520 »

hello guys,
i just joined the club only to see a picture of my boat.....i was not expecting that lol

i don't know if you had an answer to the hand brake lever on you jetstar but i can tell you it is simply for dropping any stones or debris picked up when you get to close to the bottom as i found out when using mine in shallow water, i got a bit to close the the sea floor and i had no power at all and was just stuck, the engine was running and reving ok just would not go any were, the jet unit had sucked loads of stones up onto the grait stopping the water flow, once i lifted the hand brake lever i herd all the stones drop off and away i went no harm done.

if you need any help about your jetstar520 give me a call Steve..07951519025

jetmadstar

Post by jetmadstar »

Hi All, thanks for your help so far !! blimey, I'm not as sure as I was for the completion date now!!! the hulls painted ( bribed my painter & he's made a much better job than I would have done. ordered trillions of bits, some mechanical, some shiney stuff & essentials like a windscreen & a bilge pump. decided to use Triumph saloon gauges as they a/ fit the holes & work & b/ they are in stock, so free!!! the swimming platform I'm still considering a solid teak one rather than the original slatted affair ?? got to remake the seat bases before the trimmer takes them to reproduce the 6 seats, cover the dash & all the side bits..... I'll post a couple of pics when its more together & thanks for your help Steve, much appreciated. Jetmadstar

jetmadstar

Post by jetmadstar »

Hi All, had a fantastic summer / autumn with the Jetstar, a few things were not finished in time & a few not even attempted!! BUT it did well as a 'pub taxi :drink: & I am on stage 2 of making it go faster / making things work !! Just the one pic at Ivy Lake at the end of last year, thanks for all your help..... Mark
Attachments
P1010404.JPG

alanR
CMBA Member: 1148

Post by alanR »

As a member of the small team at Bluebird Marine building the Jetstar range of boats
I am able to offer my knowledge to anyone who needs help with restorations etc.
alanR

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Thanks alanR. Always great to have expertise on these. Have launched a few at Floater's Ivy Lake do..
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...