Lyman Rebuild

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alien
CMBA Member: 0

Lyman Rebuild

Post by Alien »

Hi,

After posting some pictures of my engine (Ford 1600 GT) in answer to a question re cooling, I thought I would post some pictures of progress so far of the rebuild.

The boat is a 20ft Lyman, which i bought in November last year, and which I am slowly renovating. Not trying to make it origional or showcase, just want a fun, nice looking craft to enjoy in the summer. Fingers crossed for the weather, and hoping I will have the time to work on her.

Some photos of the boat when I first got her; and how the rebuild is going.

I will post more at a later time if anyone is in interested!
Attachments
PICT0004.JPG
PICT0047.JPG
PICT0054.JPG
PICT0058.JPG
55.JPG
PICT0034.JPG

Alien

Re: Lyman Rebuild

Post by Alien »

Soz, not used to submitting posts on forum, pics of the rebuilt engine did not seem to attach; will try again!
Attachments
PICT0016.JPG
PICT0005.JPG
PICT0009.JPG

Alien

Re: Lyman Rebuild

Post by Alien »

An update: On the water for just under a year and had some great times on her this summer. A few teething problems, mainly with the engine cooling. After the engine was running too cold I removed the oil cooler and put in a thermostat and the engine ran quite hot, so I re-attached the oil cooler. She runs fine but has an annoying tendency to cut out when at idle for a short while. I put this down to fuel cavitation (the mechanical fuel pump is mounted on the side of the engine). I have now fitted an inline blower vent to blow the hot air from the engine box outside, and to my surprise it seems to work. Fingers crossed it continues!
Attached some pictures of the completed boat.
Regards, Andrew.
Attachments
Cruise on the Ure - 4 Sept 12 007.jpg
PICT0071.JPG
PICT0067.JPG