new member seeks information on albatross

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

LOTUS30
CMBA Member: 0

new member seeks information on albatross

Post by LOTUS30 »

Hello I bought the boat a 4 seater for the engine for my lotus race car, But the boat was so well built i have kept it some 20 odd years i am now 60 so better get it on the water, Any tips on restoring or personal contact so i can ring if i get problems. ps i still have the engine it has to be rebuilt but that part is not a problem.
ANDY B

Dakota
CMBA Member: 690

Re: new member seeks information on albatross

Post by Dakota »

Hi & Welcome.

No expert but having recently restored an Albatross Continental i may be able to help.

Do you have the serial number ? I assume the engine is a Coventry Climax ?

I have sent you a PM with my contact details

Regards

Diomedea

Post by Diomedea »

I'm slowly renovating a Continental with Ford 100e so happy to share ideas/thoughts.

LOTUS30

Post by LOTUS30 »

Hello i have tried to send a private message ref your albatross 100E but failed any chance i can have a pm from you so we can contact direct.
ANDY B

LOTUS30

Post by LOTUS30 »

It seems i have a continental MK1 has any one got a front engine mount bar for a climax it is one of the parts i am missing and i am happy to travel to take a copy i would of thought it is important to get it correct as it lines up the prop any thing out of line will create problems for me.
Also thanks to the people who have replied it has been a good help.
Any one going to cardiff Bay with a climax boat as i live chepstow area so i will be there. and it would be a great help to take some detail pics.

ANDY B

Dakota
CMBA Member: 690

Post by Dakota »

Hi Andy,

I will be taking my Albatross Continental with Climax engine to Cardiff :woo: so you are more than welcome to take pictures etc.

I am pretty sure we have a member who lives in your location who has a two seater with Climax engine but do not think he uses the Forum - I will try and dig out his contact details.

Regards

LaDauphine

Post by LaDauphine »

I have a late continental with a stage 2 climax, (1964/65) and happy to share information and photos if it helps. won't be going to cardiff.

I assume that you have found a copy of a manual. There's a jpg about half way down the page on http://shamwerks.com/albatross.php which is actually a scan of mine.

John Fildes has recently done a detailed restoration of a climax albatross, try http://www.albatrossmarine.co.uk/

Richard

LOTUS30

Post by LOTUS30 »

My thanks to everyone who has been in touch, Well been working on the albatross all day, and it looks like i have 2 fatigue cracks on the rear rails where the P bracket what i would call the prop bearing housing bolts through can any one give me a insight into re riveting thanks to albatross marine he has put me in contact with the correct rivet supplies. is there a recognised repair for this area.

Andy B

LOTUS30

Post by LOTUS30 »

Hello again any one know the correct shade of blue for a continental MK1, and where to get it
befor paint.jpg

LOTUS30

Post by LOTUS30 »

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: AT LAST REVENGE ON ONE OF MY SONS HE CAME OUT SWEATING WITH A HEADACHE I JUST REPLIED SOUNDS LIKE BEING A DAD.
ANDY B
Attachments
sam helping.jpg