Cal Neva Century resorter

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Music Man
CMBA Member: 762

Cal Neva Century resorter

Post by Music Man »

IMG-20121031-00122.jpg
Hi Guys

Here are some images of my winter project continuing Alisdair's restoration of Cal Neva. We still have plenty to do and some detail work but she is now a dry boat! and looking quite good. I still have work to do but I suppose it is an on going project!!

See you all soon

Gary

:wot:
Attachments
IMG_1037.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_0996.JPG
IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_0892.JPG

Music Man

Re: Cal Neva Century resorter

Post by Music Man »

Some more Pics
Attachments
IMG-20130413-00545.jpg
IMG-20130413-00542.jpg
IMG-20130413-00535.jpg
IMG-20130413-00472.jpg
IMG-20130413-00471.jpg
IMG-20130413-00470.jpg

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

Great job :nice:

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Are all these piccys post resto Gary? If you get your skates on you will have it ready for the Irish bash starting 3rd May! :wot: :drink:

Looking good though, well done.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Music Man

Post by Music Man »

Hi Geoff

Yes post restoration, next year I may re deck the bow or at least do more work on it, I am hoping to improve the finish but trying to get her ready for a planned trip to Loch Lomond for the beginning of May bank holiday, booked in at the Coulag for a few days!! Some of the pics are not so good sorry, boys took them on the phone!!

Cheers

Gary

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Great stuff. We will see you in Scotland then. I will be there with my Stapely - assuming I don't break it in Ireland! :hmmm:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Music Man

Post by Music Man »

A few more pics

:wot:
Attachments
IMG-20130413-00538.jpg
IMG-20130413-00533.jpg
IMG-20130413-00473.jpg
IMG-20130413-00566.jpg
IMG-20130413-00467.jpg
IMG-20130413-00563.jpg

Music Man

Post by Music Man »

I think you will be in Scotland at the end of May and we are going at the beginning of May but perhaps we will see you at the Soar Rally?

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

Well done Gary

The old barge is looking more regal than ever and no doubt the engine has had a work over to make it fly along, well done with all the work, she looks great. :thumbsup:

Just one little point, as an owner of a little boat, I'm sick to death of your kind of boat kicking up a wake like a block of flats 2ft off my port bow making it impossible not to spill my drink. So please just keep it down to 10mph when you're anywhere near my boat. :giggle:

I am really looking forward to seeing her at the River Soar Rally, and hearing the engine (especially burning someone elses petrol) :lol:

I am glad I sold it to you, I know you will all have lots of fun with her and find her just as beautiful as I did. :notworthy:

Al :wot:

Music Man

Post by Music Man »

Hi Al

As you know I have done a lot this winter to her and she is looking great but I still need to do more to the bow deck, I may replace it next winter but we will see. It was really a bit of an after thought this year and although I have solved some problems with the front deck, I know I can do it better just need time and a few spondoolers!. next winter we will get more varnish on and neaten up little bits of detail but on the whole I am delighted.

The engine is running like a dream, I have changed everything, plugs, points, condenser, coil, and redone carb and she started first go this year, abit of fine tuning of the mixture screws on Loch Lomond in a fortnight should get her running her best, saving up to fill the tank though!!!

Trailer being serviced tomorrow and hopefully fitting new longer bunks to give the old girl a bit more support, Now she is a dry ship and all that!!.

Cant wait for you to see her, I am researching floor covering at the moment another next winter job I think but we will see.

Interesting I need a bucket and sponge to get water out after cleaning the floor, Perhaps I should have fitted a drain plug!! :grrr:

Never mind I just hope it stays like that. :help:

Saved a space on the transom for her name deacal, looking forward to fitting that before launch at the River Soar Rally

Best wishes

Gary :wot: