Nearly there

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Nearly there

Post by Alacrity »

Well the never ending restoration of my Stapely is nearly there, a couple or so days should see her ready for trials on Soton water. Belly tank & some fuel pipework fitted since these pictures were take this afternoon. Engine has had a full rebuild as well so lots to check!
Attachments
IMG_1278.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Re: Nearly there

Post by floater »

Good to see it all coming together. Been a long while . I imagine you are heading for the emerald isle with it so no chance of seeing you at Chersey. Hope it performs well. :wot:

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

Post by catweazle »

I am at the COPC get together at the RAF yacht club on the Hamble saterday afternoon.Do pop in for Tea :giggle:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

catweazle wrote:I am at the COPC get together at the RAF yacht club on the Hamble saterday afternoon.Do pop in for Tea :giggle:
Am 5 mins walk away, so would be great to catch up?

Alacrity, looking forward to trial day...be nice if there's sun and flat water - seeing Scandal tomorrow, so perhaps he can do one of his anti-rain dances; while I work some witch-doctor ju-ju with a scrawny Esmeralda chicken from Co-Op.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

She is looking great, you will be a hard man to keep up with but at least if you bring her over you will get a chance to open her up :wot:

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Yes Floater, the plan, all being well, is to take her to Ireland next month. I only hope they have enough fuel reserves over there to fuel her whilst there! :(

I would appreciate all you & Scandal can do re. the weather Rapier, I know you have had success in the past!
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!