Broom Saturn restoration.

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Dshephard@broomboats
CMBA Member: 0

Broom Saturn restoration.

Post by Dshephard@broomboats »

Hello. Everyone.

I'm new to this whole forum thing so be nice. I do work with boats and have done for 12 years.
So I've just purchased a broom saturn. I've always loved the John broom boats.
This one I have purchased is in a bit of mess the top is green the hull in cream no windscreen or upholstery and sadly no engine.
I've started striping off the green which was a two pack paint by the looks of it. I think the top was a very light green in the beginning. I've also removed the fending around the edge which has seen better days which I will be replacing.
so I'll be updating with pictures and information as and when I get round to it.

The only thing I ask is everytime I search the web for broom saturn one of the top results is cmba so figure if there are people in the know then this is where it will be.
So any help or advice is warmly welcome

Thank you dan.

Music Man
CMBA Member: 762

Re: Broom Saturn restoration.

Post by Music Man »

Hi Dan and welcome

The CMBA is a great place to source information as most of us have at one time or another worked on the Broom Boats especially Saturns.

Here is a members blog regarding restoring a Broom Saturn and I am sure you will agree a great job was done.

http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/ :woo:

Good luck

Music Man
:wot:

mad millie
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Broom Saturn restoration.

Post by mad millie »

Dshephard@broomboats wrote:Hello. Everyone.

I'm new to this whole forum thing so be nice. I do work with boats and have done for 12 years.
So I've just purchased a broom saturn. I've always loved the John broom boats.
This one I have purchased is in a bit of mess the top is green the hull in cream no windscreen or upholstery and sadly no engine.
I've started striping off the green which was a two pack paint by the looks of it. I think the top was a very light green in the beginning. I've also removed the fending around the edge which has seen better days which I will be replacing.
so I'll be updating with pictures and information as and when I get round to it.

The only thing I ask is everytime I search the web for broom saturn one of the top results is cmba so figure if there are people in the know then this is where it will be.
So any help or advice is warmly welcome

Thank you dan.
Hi Dan
I've restored one and I'am still adding on bits and redoing bits that I got wrong first time round!
Drop me a pm if you need any help locating anything or if your not sure about anything
Kind regards
Jon :thumbsup: