Delta Nymph restoration

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Peter Mann
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Delta Nymph restoration

Post by Peter Mann »

Have just seen Phil Taylors Nymph and most interesting it was too. See picture of his name plate (mine is missing) and you will see that his boat numbered 1011 is dated 465 which Phil tells me is 1965. This means my Nymph numbered 1019 was built around 1965 or 66 perhaps depending on Ray Wrights output. Peter

Peter Mann

Re: Delta Nymph restoration (Sep 17th)

Post by Peter Mann »

Hi all. Nymph is now fully painted (but not polished) and rubbing strake was added today. Beginning to look good and steering gear is next. Peter Mann
Attachments
As of Sep 17th 2009
As of Sep 17th 2009

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Looking good Peter, did you make contact with Francis O???
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Post by twister »

The serial number decode is: First 3 or 4 numbers, month & year, last group of (in this case) 4 the build number - so this one was built 04 1965, and is hull number 1011. Ray clearly used 10xx to denote the Nymph, so this is Nymph no 11. The plate is the same as was used for the inboards, hence the oil designation!

Inboard boats had 3-digit hull numbers.

Peter Mann

Post by Peter Mann »

Hi Alacrity
yes I did ring Francis and had a good natter. I now know that Ray wright made and sold these boats both as unpainted (for £325) and painted for a bit more. Also they were made in years 1964-5 only so my Nymph is 44 years old. Thanks for your help. So far, still only three of these boats are known to me. Are there any more out there I wonder? Peter

Peter Mann

Post by Peter Mann »

Hi All
You must have wondered if this restoration ever got finished? Well the Delta Nymph (named ROXY) is now complete and itching to go. Its below freezing here however so I will have to be patient and wait until the spring. Main reason for delay was sourcing the ideal motor. As you can see, it had to be raised an inch or so to get it right. She is as pretty as a picture and should go like the clappers. Roll on spring.
Peter
More pics avaiable at :
http://themannsindorset.moonfruit.com/
Attachments
nov 3rd 2010-2.JPG
nov 3rd 2010-5.JPG
nov 3rd 2010-4.JPG

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

Looks great, I take it you won't be doing any mackerel fishing. :D

Peter Mann

Post by Peter Mann »

Hi All. I have been meaning to finish this post for some time. The Nymph is finished and can be seen rushing around Poole harbour. See attached a pic. All I need now is someone who knows how to take a pic of me in it at speed.
Attachments
july 12th 2011-5.jpg