another albatross mk 1 continental saved

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

LOTUS30
CMBA Member: 0

another albatross mk 1 continental saved

Post by LOTUS30 »

image.jpeg
Got some parts to make or locate for this one this is the last boat of the 4 that were in scotland near glasgow all 4 are now saved.all four were striped of all parts where they are now i have no idea john fildes got a few bits inc 100E engine i will fit a climax to this one. any one out there can help with finding some parts or another boat with a scrap hull it would be appreciated

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: another albatross mk 1 continental saved

Post by Alacrity »

Is this any help? See eBay link
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

LOTUS30

Post by LOTUS30 »

The boat was delivered last night i have had a look over it this morning. first time i have seen it as i bought it sight unseen and there are a few dents on the under side but nothing that cant be beaten out fortunately the number is stamped where john fildes said it would be on the rear seat back and it is number 1008 so a nice early one but there are no parts at all so it will be a good while before it gets back in the water. The only good thing is i have no paint to strip of as it has all been done. i recon i paid less than scrap value so i am quite happy with the purchase and a mate from glasgow brought it down in his long wheel base van he has gone on from here to collect some lotus elan parts in northampton very handy for me. andy b

LOTUS30

Post by LOTUS30 »

Thanks to john tildes he has found me a dead albatross i have been striping the parts i need off it for the last 3 days i now have every thing to restore this one except for the bull frog navigation light anyone have one they are willing to part with i am just about 2 BA nut ed out LOL.
andy b :heat:

LOTUS30

Post by LOTUS30 »

DSCN0636.JPG
DSCN0583.JPG
This is an old tool for forming metal i have had it for years and i restored it and made tools on the lathe. and thought i would have a go at making new heat exchanger pans for the continental this is the result not bad for a first attempt if i say so myself
Attachments
DSCN0589.JPG

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Looks good Andy, doesn't John Fildes do these though?
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

LOTUS30

Post by LOTUS30 »

No john is waiting to see how mine turn out and i will supply him

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Ah OK. Sorry about that. :oops:

Might need a couple myself . . .