Delta 1600gt fibreglass

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

BenJack
CMBA Member: 1082

Delta 1600gt fibreglass

Post by BenJack »

Hello, I purchased a Ray Wright Delta 1600gt fibre glass hull for £900 as my first project. I have always been enthusiastic about both the albatross and delta from a young age due to me water skiing with new from a young age with my dad.
I have been looking for the past few months and finally found one I thought was at a good price. The engine has had a full rebuild on a uni strut frame on the back of a b n q trolley with a full control panel built for it! The engine was running a month before I purchased the boat, there were a couple of issues to deal with these are shown on the pictures, first of all my shift for my water pump shaft has snapped, I have made a new one at work. The second was the aluminium exhaust manifold had been pried open and it damaged both top and bottom faces of it. I have now faced this off. My hull is in a strong condition, although it needs a paint there are no soft spots in the fibre glass or any fractures or cracks.
The issues I am unsure on are as follows:

- my rubber edging fenders on the boat itself are
damaged and have a couple of chunks out of them (does anyone have any recommendations for replacement rubber fenders? I have seen some on the Internet but I am not sure which to go for and the corner pieces are missing at the back as shown on one of the pictures, I am looking for them on the Internet but I know they'll be extremely rare to find so I will have to make a template and manufacture them myself out of stainless.

- the boats keel fin has been snapped off when it was last in the water. I need to make one but I am unsure on the shape of the fin, I wanted to see if anybody has a template of one.

- my fuel tank sender is completely corroded, I think it's a ford part but I'm not 100% sure

These pictures were taken about a month ago I have now now remove all the interior and rolled the boat over and I am currently trying to see how much of the gel cost I can save on the bottom by polishing it with g3 compound this being another area I am unsure on. I will post more pictures of that soon of the boat soon. If there's anything you can spot on the pictures that will help me please comment on the photos as that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Attachments
$_3 (6).JPG
$_3 (7).JPG
$_3 (7).JPG (17.89 KiB) Viewed 3958 times
$_3 (8).JPG
$_3 (9).JPG
$_3 (10).JPG
$_3 (10).JPG (15.61 KiB) Viewed 3953 times
$_3 (11).JPG

BenJack
CMBA Member: 1082

Re: Delta 1600gt fibreglass