Ivy Lake test day Sunday March 20th

Detailed contact information and arrangements for these events will be available to CMBA Members only in the CMBA Clubhouse section.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Ivy Lake test day Sunday March 20th

Post by floater »

‘First Chance’ Spring Test Day in the South

Get a First run out on the water on Sunday 20th March. The venue is Ivy Lake (the home of Chichester Water Ski Club) at Chichester, West Sussex.

The launching fee will be £25/boat. To secure your place please contact me via PM to let me know you are coming and for an entry form. Early entry is imperative as The CMBA together with Chichester waterski club have set a minimum number of entries required to enable the event to proceed.If this number is not met by March 6th we will unfortunately be forced to cancel and return fees.

We are a week earlier that our traditional date to avoid a clash with Easter Sunday

We will have use of the lake all day until late afternoon/dusk, launching will be DIY and there is room for all boats on pontoon moorings. The slipway is now much improved and concrete all the way to the waters edge. Facilities ashore on the grassed area around the pontoons are basic with just Portaloos.

A first chance to get a run on the water after the long winter layup :woo: .

Please send me a PM with your personal email address, I can then send you an entry form.

See you there.

Dave Howell

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Re: Ivy Lake test day Sunday March 20th

Post by floater »

Entries for the event are a bit thin at the moment. The deadline for entries is March 6th, If you are planning on coming please return your entry before this date. If we don't get the required number of entries we will have to cancel the event and return cheques. :(

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Post shared on the CMBA Facebook page Dave.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Many thanks to Floater for organising this event again, a thankless task made worse by very poor support these days. :grrr: Yesterdays event would have been cancelled due to the lack of numbers were it not for the photographer coming down to take pictures for a Shakespeare up & coming magazine article. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

In the end I think we managed 12 boats albeit some were not there long & some had issues - but that is what Ivy is all about, proving/testing your boat/motor. A bitterly cold day didn't encourage folk to hang about either.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

Big thanks to Floater from Janice and me for organising the day. We both had a great time in spite of the cold and thanks also for Mikes help in Launch and recovery. Likewise our man in rubber, Nick, a reassuring hand and guidance when
driving onto the trailer. The Shakespeare photo-shoot was successful but a few more boats on the water would have been good.