Cardiff rally August 8th - 12th 2019

Detailed contact information and arrangements for these events will be available to CMBA Members only in the CMBA Clubhouse section.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Cardiff rally August 8th - 12th 2019

Post by Alacrity »

The annual Cardiff rally is fast approaching so please get your entries in folks to avoid disappointment. Entry form is attached to be printed off should you need it.
Attachments
CMBA Cardiff 2019 Entry Form 07 04 19-09 30.pdf
(555.57 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Diomedea

Re: Cardiff rally August 8th - 12th 2019

Post by Diomedea »

Sorry, can’t be there as I’ll be at the Concours on Lake Tahoe. Sadly without a boat, just drooling.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Many thanks to all those who's tireless efforts made Cardiff happen in the face of the difficulties due to low numbers.

As it turned out it was a great social event with little or no boating due to the torrential rain & gale force winds, a great time was, I believe, had by all. I certainly did anyway despite the boat staying on the trailer!

Many thanks to Cardiff Yacht club, Rob & Sarah, Ian & Donna, Keith & Janice and others without who's who help the event wouldn't happen.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

kgarla
CMBA Member: 143

Post by kgarla »

Likewise, this was a great social event forced by the weather conditions. Thank you to all of you who put it together, Rob & Sarah, Ian & Donna, Keith and Janice, Geoff and David. Thanks to Cardiff Yacht Club for their support and also to the RNLI for their attendance to take us through our paces with life jackets. This has to be the first event I have attended that I have needed to know the wind direction and strength for the setting up of a tent as opposed to preparing a safety briefing! Thanks for all your help in this respect as well. Kgarla