Cowes Classic Powerboat Rally 2013.

Please list all non CMBA events here. These are not official CMBA Events and the CMBA accepts no liability for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided herein.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

burgundyben
CMBA Member: 0

Cowes Classic Powerboat Rally 2013.

Post by burgundyben »

Next weekend is the third Cowes Classic Powerboat Rally organised by Paul Hooper and me.

A sneak preview of what you might see and hear.

www.powerboatrally.com

catweazle

Re: Cowes Classic Powerboat Rally 2013.

Post by catweazle »

See you there,barbeque might be late ,you checked the tide.lol. :giggle:

burgundyben

Post by burgundyben »

Hi John

Joining instructions with tide info will be in your inbox in the next day or so.

HW is 1944, there's 1.5mtrs 3 hrs before, so from 1644 there should be enough.

What do you draw?

catweazle

Post by catweazle »

Thats ok 1.09.creeping out of Hayling thursday evening,cant wait :chuffed:
is no one else here coming.

burgundyben

Post by burgundyben »

Hi John

Lorna and I are taking Playtime on Thursday afterwork, Tim and Nat will be there will Blue Corsair and Pete and Debbie will be there with Lady Emma, I think we'll all be having something to eat in the cafe along the beach. You would of course be very welcome to join us all.

Ben

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Some of us got the date wrong and thought it was last weekend, but were planning a visit just to see everyone on the water. I need to clear it with my Mrs, but I thought I'd offer myself as willing crew / cook / barman to anyone short handed, or bring my Thunderski out to take some pics and video, assuming it'll run well of course.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

catweazle

Post by catweazle »

burgundyben wrote:Hi John

Lorna and I are taking Playtime on Thursday afterwork, Tim and Nat will be there will Blue Corsair and Pete and Debbie will be there with Lady Emma, I think we'll all be having something to eat in the cafe along the beach. You would of course be very welcome to join us all.

Ben
We will be nudging the mud to get out as early as we can probably 4/5 pm,nice to know we wont be on our own thursday. :thumbsup:

catweazle

Post by catweazle »

Rapier wrote:Some of us got the date wrong and thought it was last weekend, but were planning a visit just to see everyone on the water. I need to clear it with my Mrs, but I thought I'd offer myself as willing crew / cook / barman to anyone short handed, or bring my Thunderski out to take some pics and video, assuming it'll run well of course.
easy mistake as it normaly is bank holliday,i think they hoped for a squadron start due to it being a less busy wk end,didnt work out yet again,try and make it as it could be the last ctc ever.We will be in the South basin on saterday all being well,tradition has in the past decreed we brake something.So far we have had melted pistons both engines,different years.turbo failure,oil leak dumping 30 lt of engine oil in the bilge in about 30 seconds.Failure of the sealed cooling system requiring a man on deck passing me down buckets of sea water to keep topping up,to rough to run on one engine,did do a grand job of cleaning the block out though.Exhaust elbow gaveway filling the engine room with smoke,as we run with the hatch open everyone thought we were on fire.3 damaged props,and at 24x24 they dont come cheap.wont mention lobster pots grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.never failed to get home under our own steam though,steam now theres an idea. :hmmm:
hope to see you there,come to think of it hope we get there.he he.boats who would have them :grrr:

burgundyben

Post by burgundyben »

Its looking like at least 5 boats will be there tonight.

Apparently Baywatch is very busy tonight, so if anyone is planning on eating there give them a call.

Ben

catweazle

Post by catweazle »

catweazle wrote:
Rapier wrote:Some of us got the date wrong and thought it was last weekend, but were planning a visit just to see everyone on the water. I need to clear it with my Mrs, but I thought I'd offer myself as willing crew / cook / barman to anyone short handed, or bring my Thunderski out to take some pics and video, assuming it'll run well of course.
easy mistake as it normaly is bank holliday,i think they hoped for a squadron start due to it being a less busy wk end,didnt work out yet again,try and make it as it could be the last ctc ever.We will be in the South basin on saterday all being well,tradition has in the past decreed we brake something.So far we have had melted pistons both engines,different years.turbo failure,oil leak dumping 30 lt of engine oil in the bilge in about 30 seconds.Failure of the sealed cooling system requiring a man on deck passing me down buckets of sea water to keep topping up,to rough to run on one engine,did do a grand job of cleaning the block out though.Exhaust elbow gaveway filling the engine room with smoke,as we run with the hatch open everyone thought we were on fire.3 damaged props,and at 24x24 they dont come cheap.wont mention lobster pots grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.never failed to get home under our own steam though,steam now theres an idea. :hmmm:
hope to see you there,come to think of it hope we get there.he he.boats who would have them :grrr:
tradition upheld ,starboard engine started knocking then siezed solis,hear we go again. :grrr: