Soar event - THE BEST!

Please list all non CMBA events here. These are not official CMBA Events and the CMBA accepts no liability for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided herein.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Soar event - THE BEST!

Post by Alacrity »

I have just returned from a fabulous weekend hosted by the Soar Boating Club & what weekend that was! :thumbsup:

21 classics there, enough food & drink to sink a Chris Craft & warm hospitality plus wall to wall sunshine. The Saturday evening 40's night in a marquee was great fun with a good few of the members attending making the effort to dress for the occasion - see who you can spot in the picture below - all are CMBA members. The boating is, in general, slow boating but this is doesn't detract from the enjoyment of this lovely event. For me it was good to meet some new faces from the Windermere area that were previously just names in a magazine.

I think I can safely say all had a good time & I would like to thank Gary, Jane Ian & Sally for organising it all & making us soooo welcome. :D
Attachments
Just about sums it up!
Just about sums it up!
40's fancy dress
40's fancy dress
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Re: Soar event - THE BEST!

Post by VivaSportiva »

Janice and I agree with that, it was our first visit but will not be our last. A wonderful weekend with a great welcome, fantastic hospitality all held in a glorious setting. Well done to Jane and Gary and to Ian and Sally for your organisation and to everyone else that made our weekend so memorable. :D