River Ouse Rally

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

River Ouse Rally

Post by Scandal »

Had a brilliant couple of days on this lovely river going through the centre of York seeing all the great old buildings from the water and on through gentle countryside all in glorious sunshine. Very easy to use slipway, exclusive pontoons, over twenty sat down together for dinner on Saturday night at a very picturesque riverside pub.

Thanks very much to Paul who set it all up and took care of everything, it was great. :thumbsup:

Al :wot:

eastcoast
CMBA Member: 0

Re: River Ouse Rally

Post by eastcoast »

Al, It was a pleasure to see you and everyone on the water, two days of glorious sunshine to boot.
We certainly gave a good show to the other river folk, even the odd fisherman gave us a wave :D

Big thanks to Gary for his recovery skills, your the man.

Hope we can do this again in 2014.

All the best, Paul.

Music Man
CMBA Member: 762

Post by Music Man »

Brilliant weekend as Chairman Al has said.

I hope this event becomes a regular fixture it was Fab and I never saw any fishermen who were anything other than enjoying the sun and a days lovely fishing with a cheery smile and a wave, :D Grrreat time had by all.

Nice to meet new friends and old.

Apple pie was Brilliant Thank you Rachel :perfect: can we book for next time we see you :thumbsup:

Thanks again Paul

Gaz

:wot:

chriscraft

Post by chriscraft »

Big thanks to Paul for organising sat , was really good to see old and new faces enjoying my home city your all very welcome, nursed my old girl after 2 year sleep in the shed she drank quite a bit of water, but the engine ran like a sewing machine, her thirst was beginning to quenched after a couple of hours . those of you who partook of the laughing water at the kings arms may recall a very nice Fairline squadron 57 moored just behind us all well shock ,horror it burned and sank on sat night, nothing to do with us of course, see York press for details .
all the best to everyone who made the journey to York hope to see you and more next time
regards David :drink: :drink: :drink: :wot: :help:
that bloke up north !

eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

Where would we be without bilge pumps heh David?

I Must just say a big thank you to Chris Harris who pushed my request for a york meet and for supporting "up north" events.

Yes we had a look over what was left of the Fairline on Sunday, I just hope he had it well insured because there was not much left.

carl minshall

Post by carl minshall »

Great weekend, thanks, pics
Attachments
carshows 201 (Small).jpg
carshows 171.jpg
carshows 167.jpg
carshows 165.jpg
carshows 161.jpg

carl minshall