My new woody runabout

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

kgarla
CMBA Member: 143

Re: My new woody runabout

Post by kgarla »

Hi Graham,
What an achievement, you should be proud. I am not sure many boats have been fully right first time . We recently put a new engine on the transom of our 'plastic' 5m fisher for summer frollicks and spent months playing around before finally hanging it a further 4 1/2 inches off the stern so we could actually tilt the engine to get the prop out of the water when moored. (Early solutions included hanging a 25 litre 'can' of water off the bow to raise the stern!).At least our 'Classic' boats are less trouble!(Sometimes).
Welcome to the club and I hope you will have many happy hours of fun. Cheers. Kgarla :wot:

GrahamT
CMBA Member: 1262

Re: My new woody runabout

Post by GrahamT »

An after-thought since the building of Sophia, now under cover for the winter, engine serviced in readiness for 2022.
My blog was posted piecemeal so it required a good sorting out. Take a new look and the right hand side-bar menu leads to each blog-post in sequence.
If and when I build "Sophia 11" I hope to keep the blog better updated and cohesive. An eye operation and a pacemaker replacement slowed me up in recent days but "fingers crossed" I shall soon be fit enough to tackle another great project. This link lands in mid stream at Phase 14 https://moggo-blog.blogspot.com/2020/05 ... ge-14.html