Thames Rally

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Mirak
CMBA Member: 672

Thames Rally

Post by Mirak »

Many thanks to Terry for organising the Thames Rally. :notworthy:

:wot:

I counted 11 boats and loads of people

And the weather? - someone must have done a "Deal" somewhere...

Cheers,
S

PS: and I finally located the problem on Turbocraft. Don't you just love intermittent fuel blockages? :grrr:

chillin' on the Chris*Craft
chillin' on the Chris*Craft
********************************************************************************
* Swinging the World by the tail since 1960 *
********************************************************************************

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Re: Thames Rally

Post by se7en »

Yes, Thank you Terry, another good day out.....

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

What a great day out, :D thanks Terry :thumbsup: and all the other helpers (I particularly liked the flashing yellow light on Mr Flowers launch vehicle, I bet there's some poor sod driven down a hole in the road where it came from) :lol: Scot and Terry looked happy in rubber 8-) and quite a few others had fun stopping the traffic. :lol:

Got a little bit too much sun, :oops: but I'm not complaining, I just frightened the life out of myself when I looked in a mirror this morning. Now I know better than most that it's not a pretty site but I thought I saw someone who swapped his heat for a giant beetroot. :lol: (I know, a slight improvement overall) :notworthy:

Al :wot:

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

Janice and I had a really lovely day due to the organisation by Terry and his band of willing workers. A big thankyou guys for the launching in and out. Roll on next year and could you book the weather now? :perfect:

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

What a fabulous day, Nick had clearly done another of his famous African weather dance's - it could not have been better. :thumbsup:

I make it 12 boats (13 if you inc. David Ragget's Fairline 'mother hen' looking after us all & taking care of Keith & Merle). Should have been 13 (14) of us but Queen Gull sadly had problems & had to retire early on. As always great company & lots of willing helpers, although I have to admit to doing nothing all day but please myself! :oops:

Now all I have to do is find the source of my (not inconsiderable) hull leak in my Broom :evil: :( , I am very glad I fitted those inspection hatches over the winter.

Many many thanks to Terry & all who helped with the launching & recovery, especially Andrew for the launch vehicle.
Attachments
Picnic at Kingston
Picnic at Kingston
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Oh & I also got this picture . . . :D :D
Attachments
Lazy days in the sun
Lazy days in the sun
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

Thanks Terry for organising a cracking day out. The weather was perfect, the company good and every lock was in our favour. Someone must be going to hell.

Thanks also to the band of folks who pitched in for launch and recovery.

Had a great time burned a massive 3 litres of petrol and no oil, not bad for 5 hours running, lawnmowers are the future.

DH

buddiebuoy

Post by buddiebuoy »

THANKS TERRY FOR A LOVELY DAY-- --------WE LOVE THE PICS------------NICE TO SEE EVERYBODY, HAD A GREAT DAY & COULDN'T HAVE HAD BETTER COMPANY OR WEATHER.THANKS CLIVE FOR BEING THE CHAUFFEUR.............HOW'S THE SUNBURN? NICE TO SEE AL & JEN . :wot: :wot: ALSO A BIG THANKS TO THE LOVELY MEMBER (SORRY DON'T KNOW HIS NAME) WITH THE RED MITSUBISHI & FRONT TOW BAR WHO MADE LIFE EASIER FOR A LOT OF US TO USE THE SLIPWAY................

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

I had a cracking day too, despite a 'gusher' I'd missed at Chertsey and 22l of fuel at £1.24 a litre - next time I'll bring a lawnmower. Thanks to Dakota, who was a great help on my boat and engine test, thanks also to Andrew for volunteering to launch and recover; what a great help and Terry and Mrs, for the organisation as usual. Great turnout and was left wanting more.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...