12ft motor launch

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

traveliner
CMBA Member: 0

12ft motor launch

Post by traveliner »

hi i am new to the forum and this is my first ppost so forgive me if i put it in the wrong area.
I have just bought an old 12ft clincker launch I have brought it back from salisbury today, had a quick look for the boatbuilder and as far as i could see it was built by Lytchett boatyard poole although when i bought the boat it was supposed to be built by Holes bay marine, as i am from yorkshire and do not know poole very well i wondered if the two boatyards are the same or if anyone can give me help to trace its history? all i know is the last owner had it for over 30 years and was used as a tender to his yacht, and after he got ill it has been stood in the garage for many years. it has a 9hp lombardini engine in it now but origionaly had a stuart turner but was replaced with the diesel because of the stuarts unreliability it is still in good restorable condition having been varnished and better varnished over the years,the oak rib and mahogany planking are exceptional ,so only a light restoration will be needed ie stripping revarnising and a few bits of woodwork, anyone who think they know the boat or information on the builder of which i will investigate more tommorrow, would be much appriciated. many thanks andy