Microplas microboat

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Healey75

Microplas microboat

Post by Healey75 »

This is my very, very first boat, owned new in the late 1950's, bought back via ebay end of last year...resto so far
Attachments
Just waiting for paint now
Just waiting for paint now
Growing up is optional...

grant

Re: Microplas microboat

Post by grant »

What a lovely thing to have happened Steve,finding that,I did read it at the time and remarkably still right near where you parted company, I know this will never happen to me though.................................. cus I refuse to sell anything incase I regret it,that why I got so much Junk around me!!! had to buy a piece of land with a house on it so I could keep it all in the end,trouble is...... now Ive got the room I just buy more junk cus Ive got the room to have it, :hmmm: :hilarious: but :grrr: :grrr: I'l never get through it all cus the years keep speeding up, :grrr: I just wish we didnt have to loose 8 hrs of our day going to sleep!!! :grrr:
Anyway,I just love that little boat and am pleased for you.. well done :perfect: :chuffed:
Best regards
Grant :chuffed:

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

Cheers :chuffed: I've managed to get hold of a 3hp Jonnyrude twin, one of the engines I used to run, borrowed from a mates Dad it would plane on the canal with me in...folowed by the lockeeper on his bike down the tow path requesting a "moderation in ones speed" :hilarious: wonder if it will still plane 50+ years on... :?:

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

It's coming on great :thumbsup: will you be putting it in the back of the car and bringing it to Ireland, :drink:

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

:( Alas the dates just don't fall right for us this year..but maybe next time.

moonman

Post by moonman »

Found this 1962 newsreel featuring many speedboats of the period including a microboat like yours Steve, enjoy!
http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=41871

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

Wow.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: what can I say, never thought to see any archive stuff on it, mind you mine didn't come with those accessories ;) steering wheel etc...can't quite make out the prices on the board behind

Thanks again...nice one
Attachments
Dated 1962...ties in with my dates. I recon mine to be a tad earlier
Dated 1962...ties in with my dates. I recon mine to be a tad earlier

bergy
CMBA Member: 0

Post by bergy »

Hi,
I cant believe I have finally found someone who knows something about my little boat!!!
I have been searching for ages since I purchased mine on eBay 2yrs ago.

I picked it up for a bargain £20, since then I have carried out some major repair work and repainted the boat polar white.
In the attached images I was powering it with a 2hp Honda four stroke, not lightening fast, but was great fun and my kids loved it!!

Can you tell me any more about these boats? Are they collectable? Are there many left in exsistance??

Thanks
Ben
Attachments
boat2.jpg
boat1.jpg
boat3.jpg

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

Hi great to hear from you... :woo: that makes just the 2 off us with these boats! One of the CMBA members has come up with some adverts, I'll try to scan them and post e'm in the next few days. Mine, I owned first in around 1957/8 (ish) then like you found the actual boat again on ebay recently, it's now restored and waiting for my grandson to grow.
The Microboat was made by Microplas Ltd, 132 Western Road Mitcham Surrey. It was in the Boat Show Catalogue in 1958/9 and still advertised in 1964. The cost was £39.15.0d in June '62
Search on Pathe News, there's a short boat show film clip with boat featured.
I've attached some more pics for info.

Are you near the South Coast?
Attachments
Low res restored.JPG
Low res Makers Label.JPG
Low res bow fitting.JPG

Tatra Man
CMBA Member: 825

Post by Tatra Man »

I'm really worried about the little guy sat on the back. He obviously hasn't eaten in months but all those women can do is laugh at him!
I hope my new Alpine floats better than my old one!