Spring opener at Ivy Lake Chichester March 27th 2011

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Spring opener at Ivy Lake Chichester March 27th 2011

Post by Alacrity »

Details are in the CMBA Members Clubhouse :D
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Spring opener at Ivy Lake Chichester March 27th 2011

Post by catweazle »

Hi is it ok to pop down again,could bring the Landrover for recovery if you like.cheers CW.John.

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

You will be more than welcome c/w - especially if you bring a LandRover! See you there.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

catweazle wrote:Hi is it ok to pop down again,could bring the Landrover for recovery if you like.cheers CW.John.
Be great to see you, especially with Landrover...I've sent you a PM asking you to get in touch.
Growing up is optional...

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

What a great day out!

Nice to see so many boats zipping about at whatever speed they could manage. :perfect:

Thanks to Steve C for organising, Catweazle for launching with the 'in character' Land Rover and not forgetting Steve and Charlotte for sorting out the barbie and drinks. :thumbsup:

A little bit of sunshine makes a lot of difference this time of year. Should have taken a bit of lotion I reckon. :heat:

Al :help:

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

great day, great people, Steve thanks for organising this one again and ta to all concerned for launching, feeding etc :perfect: It was truly a lovely day and made a change not to be involved in launching, recovering in my rubber trousers or pulling boats with the truck.

All I need is to work out how other Delta Nymphs run with a big twin on them, tried ours and it would not fit and turn in the splash well! hence Lynns boat remained more stately with the 18 Fastwin.

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Yes a good time was had by all - except perhaps poor old Rapier whose Jinx 'Humbug' Merc(s) was yet again jinxed & failed to run any sense :grrr: . Great to see the two remaining Yamato powered Jinxes belting round at a huge speed & it was interesting to note how much faster Colliwobble was going at the end of the day!

No mud, plenty of sunshine &, as ever, plenty of very good company.

Many thanks to Steve C for organising the event & the weather, Steve J & Charlotte for the vittles & John for his magnificent efforts on launch & recovery duties, ably support by Peter from the Ski Club.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

John and Peter kindly launched and recoved me 6 times! Early morn. I had a 25 min run at speeds of up to 31mph (must go cold turkey on the doughnuts) before my 1965 Merc spluttered to a one pot halt and necessitated a rescue by Aseries. The (insurance) replacement 1958 Mk 28A started nicely, but decided not to pump, so a double whammy...

It was a lovely day and perfect for catching up with mates and 'testing'. Next time I bring a flywheel puller..bet it was just sticky points, so we willl win again.

Great braaivleis too, thanks Steve and Charlotte! Thanks Steve C; look forward to Nov. Super venue.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

chris_craft
CMBA Member: 721

Post by chris_craft »

Just add my thanks for a really fabulous day! Good weather, good company and good fun. Most importantly the boat went well. Would be really grateful if anyone has any pics or even better, video, of the Chris Craft in action. It made all the hard work worthwhile!

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

A few pictures, Petrolhead was good enough to take some pictures so I have actually got pictures of me in my own boat for a change! :chuffed:
Attachments
2 seat Climax Albatross
2 seat Climax Albatross
There is always one - usually it's Grant!!
There is always one - usually it's Grant!!
Steve James's Healey 75
Steve James's Healey 75
Colliwobble & J-82. Both Yamato powered - 50mph!
Colliwobble & J-82. Both Yamato powered - 50mph!
1968 Broom Capricorn 'Thunderball'