Time off for good behavour!

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

yogibear

Time off for good behavour!

Post by yogibear »

Either somebody is smiling on me today or the missus has found a most devious way to kick me out as I have just been given permission to play boats this weekend :wot:

If finding my possessions packed and on the doorstep, upon my return, is a risk I have to take then it will be most definately worth it for the opportunity to give the old wreck (the Delta, not the missus ;) )a blast out on the wet stuff - its first this year.

Sadly all those winter plans and talk have gone by the wayside although there is a Zetec built ready to fit in so much as the actual engine is done. The marinisation (is that spelt right?) of said Zetec is another matter. Ignition and fuel injection were not a problem (he boldly states glancing at the birds nest of 'purpose built dedicated loom' in the corner totally untested), even the pressurised fuel system is sorted. However, just the mention of water cooled exhaust manifold with combined lambda sensor is enough to send me into a sweat and as for the water pump - just dont go there. :grrr:

Yes I know, excuses, excuses but sadly there has been too much of :hmmm: and a bit of :? and :roll: but as yet not enough of :idea: . Then that little spot of pressure from the family to earn a few quid occasionally so that they can buy food, electricity, clothes, you know the drill....

Anyway, looks like the old Pinto will be doing another few hundred miles before its retirement and so a quick wiring job this week and I must sort that fuel starvation problem from Stewartby last year. Then there's the lack of paint - haven't sprayed it yet, wanted to do engine first :oops:

Ah yes, Stewartby. That was why I came on here! Straight to the point, eventually, just like normal eh? Is it all go for the weekend? How many are attending etc? There is normally a thread started for such events but I have probably missed it in my usual hap-hazzard way.

I reckon I'll try for both days subject to me (or the boat for that matter) either sinking, blowing up, running out of fuel, drowning, the car breaking down or the missus changing her mind at the last minute........