Anchorage Sportsman query

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Lakelandrose
CMBA Member: 1001

Re: Anchorage Sportsman query

Post by Lakelandrose »

Yes, Helensburgh. We've got it home now having spent a couple of days on Loch Lomond with her and we're very pleased with her. However I've just had an email from Lennart Ivaarsson who's father founded the Storebro company and he says it isn't a Storebro boat so we're a bit confused now as we were so sure she was. It was originally bought in Hornbaek, Denmark in the 50's so if you, or anyone, has any suggestions for ID, please let me have them.
Attachments
P1020436.JPG
AA 4.jpg

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

Yes, form Scotland, also, the trailer that I saw it on, wanted replacing, the axle was twisted......!!

Lakelandrose

Post by Lakelandrose »

No, nothing wrong with the axle on this trailer, no problems at all bringing it home.

Sea-Jay
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Sea-Jay »

Lakelandrose wrote:Yes, Helensburgh. We've got it home now having spent a couple of days on Loch Lomond with her and we're very pleased with her. However I've just had an email from Lennart Ivaarsson who's father founded the Storebro company and he says it isn't a Storebro boat so we're a bit confused now as we were so sure she was. It was originally bought in Hornbaek, Denmark in the 50's so if you, or anyone, has any suggestions for ID, please let me have them.
If you look up this website all should be revealed, I was interested I this boat at one time and did some research http://www.campingbat.se/

Lakelandrose

Post by Lakelandrose »

I emailed the Hornbaek local history society and they have identified the boat as being made by Karl Engblom from Finland who settled in Hornbaek in the early 50's and started the boatyard there. He built around 100 of these boats and his son has carried on the business elsewhere. Have a look at http://engblom.biz/ where you'll see a drawing of the boat, but alas no photos. I've emailed Klas Engblom to see if he has any more info.

Lakelandrose

Post by Lakelandrose »

The boat is still for sale on Ebay, keeps being relisted at the same price.
We've had more info from Karl Engblom's son about the boat we bought. His father called this model 'The Viking Danish Speedboat' and he sent us this photo of the boatyard in Hornbaek in the 1950's.
Engblom boat.pdf
(319.84 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

Mercury 333
CMBA Member: 1006

Post by Mercury 333 »

I remember the it selling for well under 5K originally and thought really nice looking original boat and a great buy......but not for a greedy wheeler dealer to benefit !

Mark

Mitsui Spy
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Mitsui Spy »

chris barker wrote: Personally I lust over the later model Sportsman with sloping back corners. I saw one of those for sale in decent condition for £3000 12 years ago,

Chris B
This one's cheap! (Hi All)
Attachments
DSCF7824.JPG