Cardiff, fantastic!

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Cardiff, fantastic!

Post by floater »

Many thanks to the team that put together a fantastic event at Cardiff this year :notworthy: . Plenty of time on the water, fair weather for the most part and as always guaranteed good company :thumbsup:

And me Merc at last ran well to boot! :woo:

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Cardiff, fantastic!

Post by Alacrity »

Many thanks to all who attended & made it such a good, fun event. A different format this year without the Mermaid Quay parades etc. but a more relaxed event as a result with more water time. Every one I spoke with enjoyed it - let us know if you didn't! We are always looking for ways to improve this & other events so any suggestions for silly, fun games (we have a few ideas for next year) would be much appreciated. It is getting very difficult to find new clues for the treasure hunt having done it for (I think) 4 years now so, for this reason only, that may not happen next year.

Many thanks to all who helped make the event what it was, fellow organisers, 'unofficial' helpers (especially with the Pimms tent) and most of all, the members who attended & were such good company. :thumbsup:

Here's to Cardiff 2015!
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

Post by solitaire »

Brilliant event :thumbsup: - I can only echo Floater,sand Alacrity,s words and express my thanks to the organisers and Cardiff Yacht Club - A great weekend and the extra unofficial Thursday pm was a real bonus - terrific company - nice to see and chat with some new members and all the old banter with the regulars - The Glastron performed well :wot: although I have just found the fuel filter full of brown non-metallic crystals after only 4 hours running so the tank will have to come out over the winter............
Many thanks to our new member Nick (Shakey 17ft with the unprintable name) - with his Land Rover for pulling Solitaire out of the water during the downpour :thumbsup:,
and se7en for the loan of some wind after my "airbed incident" :notworthy: (you can have it back when we meet up again)
Last edited by solitaire on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

solitaire wrote: (Shakey 17ft with the unprintable name)
Richard Cranium

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

I agree with Floater , Alacrity, and Solitaire, a really good meet, thanks to everyone, thanks to Phil and David for setting up the Pimms tent while we all played with our boats, I believe the only run David had in his boat was on Sunday afternoon for 20mins just before we recovered it..!!!.... thanks :perfect:
And Solitaire, you can keep "the wind", as I'm sure many members can confirm, I have more than enough.....!!! :giggle: :giggle:
Last edited by se7en on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

There is no more to add really I think Alacrity speaks for us all the event was fantastic although the boating was cut short by a day, but having said that I did enjoy the opportunity to speak to other members without feeling that I was preventing them from boating or that they were preventing me. It was great to see a number of new members attend with some stunning new boats. So a big thank you to everyone for attending, fellow organisers for the organising and everyone for all the other ways that made it such an excellent weekend for my family and me.

PopeyeShellard
CMBA Member: 1029

Post by PopeyeShellard »

Hello Guys!

Yes that is my Shakey with the unprintable name! "Richard Cranium" lol not heard that one before. Anyway I would also like to say what a wonderful day I had and that it is just a shame I couldn't have made a bit more of a weekend of it. Even so it was lovely meeting everybody and seeing so many wonderful boats. Hopefully I'll make it to at least one more event this year, but next year I'll definitely be attending a lot more. With a bit of luck though the boat might start a little easier (carb overhaul over the winter I think) Anyway thanks again for a lovely day and hope to see you all again soon.
P.S. No problem borrowing the landy solitaire, thats what its there for!

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

WE NEED SOME PICTURES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Come on lets see the boats :woo:

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Post by water_buoy »

Is pretty much all been said already but thanks to all involved both with organising and attending. All together it made for a great weekend on the water. It was a shame about the downpour on Sunday but it's prompted me to do the job I should have done years ago so the boat now has some holes drilled in her for drainage!
Here's a couple of pics for those who haven't seen FB. I didn't take many, there were a lot more boats than this!
Attachments
Darren's albi
Darren's albi
Glastron
Glastron
Mustang
Mustang
Donzi
Donzi
T63
T63
Geoff and Mike
Geoff and Mike
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Post by water_buoy »

If anyone wants original copies just let me know, I've got lots more of pretty much the same boats!
Attachments
Wet broom!
Wet broom!
Glastron 2
Glastron 2
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild