Launching on Windermere

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Sea-Jay
CMBA Member: 0

Launching on Windermere

Post by Sea-Jay »

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me whether the WMBRC would let our members use their slipway and facilities?

LaDauphine

Re: Launching on Windermere

Post by LaDauphine »

In the past I have stayed at the Club as a paying guest, but it was made very clear to me by a member of the committee that the slipway and jetties were not to be used other than in conjunction with, and in the presence of, a full member of the club. I would be very surprised if they were to open the facilities up, other than during a specific event - and why should they?

Low Wood is very friendly and Paul, who runs the place, has two Albatrosses himself. I'd go there instead.

Mirak
CMBA Member: 672

Post by Mirak »

I've heard Low Wood is to be recommended (as above)

If you're camping/caravanning/motor-homing - the Hill of Oaks site is nice but they do charge for the use of the slip-way.

The WMBRC is only really open to visitors for the British Classic Motor Boat Rally - and you've just missed that ;-)

Don't forget to visit the Royal Windermere (telephone first). Excellent views of Bowness Bay from the club's balcony.
Don't forget your 40p for the public bogs in Bowness - they must be really tight for cash!

M
********************************************************************************
* Swinging the World by the tail since 1960 *
********************************************************************************

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

Don't forget your 40p for the public bogs in Bowness - they must be really tight for cash!

They used very Posh Loo Roll and smell very nice of fresh flowers I been told ,