Delta Clubman

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

benh

Delta Clubman

Post by benh »

Hi All
As a change from Albatross I've bought a Delta Clubman which turned up locally with a Ford 351W think it's 5.7ltr V8 and velvet drive that's had a hard life although unlike may of these projects the engine runs and I though I was on a winner. But the wooden stringers are very rotten (an I thought a plastic boat would be easier). Firstly does anyone know if this needs fixing straight away? I assume it's been used in it's current condition for a while I know Ray was very skilled in making tough boats and the rest of the hull is fairly sound. Other question is there seems to be some flex in the bottom of the hull where the skegs mount it's also where the central ski pole s braced and if I really pull on that I think I see the hull flex - is this normal on these boats?
Attachments
IMG_1906.jpg
IMG_1905.jpg
IMG_1919.jpg

benh

Re: Delta Clubman

Post by benh »

Just to update - only 1 stringer is rotton and not all of it so have removed rotten wood and was going to use epoxy to replace as at least that doesn't rot.
Skegs flexing was because SKI pole bracket wasn't attached anymore so have sorted that. Wonder when the boast was built I was guessing lates 70s early 80s?