Help to identify my boat

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

david_177
CMBA Member: 0

Help to identify my boat

Post by david_177 »

hi
This is a project boat I've taken on, from the engine age late 71 I've worked it down to early 70's hull,
It's got Scorpio power boats on a name plate at the rear of the boat but this information seems to be a total dead end as I've yet to find any information l, I remember years ago finding a old brochure picture on the Internet from the manufacture but I've lost that and can't remember anything that I had searched

I'll put a couple of pictures and hope you can help
[img][IMG]http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy53/Stomp_140_kx/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsyngybypw.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy53/Stomp_140_kx/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspwwqhpza.jpg[/img][/img]

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Help to identify my boat

Post by Rapier »

Hi, this one is a Scorpio Sorcerer / Sorcerer Scorpio. I think your version is supposed to look like this with the wraparound screen, as opposed to the orange version. They used to make a baby version called the 375, which is more common.
Attachments
Sorcerer 15.jpg
Sorcerer.jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

De Novo
CMBA Member: 974

Post by De Novo »

Hello , these two pages are from 'Boat World Guide No. 3 SPORTSBOATS' from 1974.
Prices were - £340 for the 12, £640 to £1600 for the 15.
Scan scorpio 12.jpg
Scan scorpio 15.jpg

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Thanks for sharing this. Interesting info..
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...