ALBATROSS 100e ford aquaplane tuning what have you got????

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

chriscraft
CMBA Member: 0

ALBATROSS 100e ford aquaplane tuning what have you got????

Post by chriscraft »

Hi all I am resurrecting my early albatross project, for a young up and coming classic racer, :wot: and wanting to keep if poss the 100e motor, however want it to be the fastest yet, anybody got surplus any tuning parts or complete motor anything considered Aquaplane Burton Wilmot etc or advice gratefully received, looking for a fairy godmother who has a race prepared 100e sitting on a shelf, "dream on!" :hilarious: :perfect: :thumbsup:
that bloke up north !

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: ALBATROSS 100e ford aquaplane tuning what have you got????

Post by Alacrity »

Mike Tarry got his Continental 100E sorted quite well, you will need to call him though as he does not do computers. I think it was all the usual stuff, bigger valves, slightly hotter cam & of course the big difference is the exhaust.

Does anyone know who can do a good 4 branch wet (that's the stumbling block) exhaust these days? I need one for a 1500 pre X flow Delta & also one for a Twin Cam Delta.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

chriscraft

Post by chriscraft »

Hi G
I have spoken to Mike very helpful and knowledgeable. Although no bits spare so still looking for the gem on a shelf somewhere. Seen aquaplane web pages at small ford spares and have ordered the bill cooper book !! So that's a start
Cheers d
that bloke up north !

wisbang
CMBA Member: 346

Post by wisbang »

hi chriscraft re 100e built for speed I had a supercharged 100e. fitted from new. with a shorrock C.75 B very rapped. or you may have seen my very fast mk 111 bare alloy fitted with 750cc fiat abarth. after engine broke I fitted 1242cc fiat engine. also fast. ps shorrocks. was fitted to order from albatross. in days of old. pete G

goldcupper

Post by goldcupper »

Alacrity,
You could not do better than this chap for any kind of fabrication whatsoever. His pipework is staggering.
https://www.facebook.com/A-TM-Engineeri ... 766543890/
Have a look through that page or here at their website.
http://www.a-tm-engineering.co.uk/

No connection but for the respect of one craftsman for another.

Cheers,
Martin