ALBATROSS - Engine Lid Bracket Assembly

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Dakota
CMBA Member: 690

ALBATROSS - Engine Lid Bracket Assembly

Post by Dakota »

Albatross Owners - has anyone a picture of the hinge assembly including spring for engine cover/lid that can be posted ? Albatross Continental 1959 - I believe they are mostly standard.

Good buy

Re: ALBATROSS - Engine Lid Bracket Assembly

Post by Good buy »

Have a look at this page you should find what you are looking for

http://albatrossregister.com/55501/105601.html

Dakota

Post by Dakota »

Thank you for the link - however I really do need a closer picture - the pins that attach the lid to the "L" shaped bracket are my problem!!!!!!!1

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

If you let me have your email, I have pictures on my system of the engine hood hinges that should help you.......
regards Tim

Good buy

Post by Good buy »

Dakota wrote:Thank you for the link - however I really do need a closer picture - the pins that attach the lid to the "L" shaped bracket are my problem!!!!!!!1
Attachments
hinge.jpg

Dakota

Post by Dakota »

Thank You - that is a great help. I assume the nylon block was replaced with a modified shorter arm to prevent the lid going past the centre point ?

Good buy

Post by Good buy »

Dakota wrote:Thank You - that is a great help. I assume the nylon block was replaced with a modified shorter arm to prevent the lid going past the centre point ?
No go back to the first link and look carefully you knead to bend one corner over .

Sea-Jay
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Sea-Jay »

Jaguar wrote:If you let me have your email, I have pictures on my system of the engine hood hinges that should help you.......
regards Tim
Hi Tim,

Can you possibly send me the pictures also?

Regards

Chris

Tim

Post by Tim »

Dear Dakota,

I apologise for not being on the Forum more recently, but I have moved house; still moving; took my Albatross to Aix, and ran the Falmouth rally, but at last, I wll try to explain the little drawing, which I did, of the Albatross Hatch ( your "hood") stays.

The "L shaped bracket", in the arrangement drawing consists of the two links, shown in the detailed drawings, working like a pair of scissors. The lower link pivots on the 3/16" bolt, which is screwed tight into the threads in the bottom end of the upper link. The top of the upper link pivots on aother 3/16" bolt, secuted through the hatch longitudinal with a nut. The bottom of the lower link rotates simillary on a 3/16" bolt secured similarly through the hatch carling, as shown in the arrangement part of the drawing. When the hatch closes, the links close one beside the other, so they end horizontal.

The Nylon block is to stop the lower linnk coming up too far, which would allow the after end of the hatch to hit the deck aft of the hatch, and damage the paint. My nylon block is a replacement, from Ray Wright, for the original hard rubber buffer, which had broken up.

The springs are to hold the hatch open, once it has been opened. If yoyu have any problem, I suggest that you try shock cord, whos charistics can be changed much moore easily.

I have sime photos,of both sides,of the stays, and half open, but I think that they have too many bytes to put on the Forum, but I would be delighted to send them to you, if you can let me have your e-mail address.

Yours,

Tim.

Sea-Jay
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Sea-Jay »

Tim wrote:Dear Dakota,

...............I have sime photos,of both sides,of the stays, and half open, but I think that they have too many bytes to put on the Forum, but I would be delighted to send them to you, if you can let me have your e-mail address.

Yours,

Tim.
Photos Please to sea-jay@tiscali.co.uk thank you!