Thames Chandleries

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

moonman

Thames Chandleries

Post by moonman »

One of my many duties working on the Thames is to maintain our fleet of patrol launches, so i am lucky to be able to visit all the remaining chandleries left on the Thames. I thought i would mention a couple of long established ones that would be useful to CMBA members. They are - Sheriden Marine they do a selection of chrome fittings used on Freeman Cruisers that could be used on our type of boat, parts and service items for Ford Watermota engines , Seagull engine spares and service. www.sheridanmarine.com Tel no 01491 652085.
At the downstream end of the Thames is The Boat Shop run by father and son team Malcolm and Howard Miatt once again lots of new old stock chrome fittings for both motor boats and sailing dinghies , lots of NOS Seagull outboard parts, I also found a roll of Tracmark in dark blue (ideal for our type of boats) some OMC spares. Its a real Gem of a place!
The Boat Shop Ferry Road Teddington TW11 9NH Tel no 02089779978 or Howard Miatt 07710 109433.
Hope this is of some use to some of you!.
Happy for you to mention my name ( Tony Forster) no promise of a discount but please mention the CMBA you never know!!.