Windscreen rubber white

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Windscreen rubber white

Post by Rapier »

Bought this on Sunday pm, arrived Tuesday am. Just the ticket for boats / runabouts needing a smaller profile screen rubber and not black.

See Link to Nautimarket.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Woodwych
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Windscreen rubber white

Post by Woodwych »

I need some chrome effect U profile plastic for the top edge of the Broom screen- any suggestions?

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

Woodwych

Post by Woodwych »

Almost!
Mine needs to fit a 5mm thick screen
This is max 3mm.

Woodwych

Post by Woodwych »

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

I have used this on my Waverider screen and found that it only lasts about a year. The boat lives outside with a Bradshaw's top grade tarpaulin as a cover so is not greatly protected from UV, although I put a rolled up towel over the top of the screen to save the tarp from a sharp edge which should act as an effective UV barrier. After a while the trim turns from shiny silver to milky white and splays out. I have looked for a suitable sized aluminium extrusion but not managed to find anything. If anyone knows of a better alternative I'd be grateful.

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

The company that sells the white screen rubber on ebay now says is NLA...It can be bought from other sources though.

Spindrift
CMBA Member: 834

Post by Spindrift »

Rapier wrote:Bought this on Sunday pm, arrived Tuesday am. Just the ticket for boats / runabouts needing a smaller profile screen rubber and not black.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PVC-PROFILE-F ... 2749.l2649
I've also been looking for some of this, so thank you for the link. On the subject of windscreens, mine had gone very cloudy and someone, somewhere said such screens could be restored with silver polish. So I set about a corner of the screen with some Duraglit wadding and a yellow duster to take it off again. Given that Duraglit is slightly abrasive I wasn't optimistic about it working. However, the trial patch did work, so I went on to do the entire screen. Five years later there has been no further clouding of the screen, so it was worth doing.
Gaffer tape and WD40. There, a toolkit!

Owens 'Kent', 16ft. "Dove Too"

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

I've got great results with Peek and other metal polishes too.

Spindrift
CMBA Member: 834

Post by Spindrift »

Spindrift wrote:
Rapier wrote:Bought this on Sunday pm, arrived Tuesday am. Just the ticket for boats / runabouts needing a smaller profile screen rubber and not black.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PVC-PROFILE-F ... 2749.l2649
I've also been looking for some of this, so thank you for the link. On the subject of windscreens, mine had gone very cloudy and someone, somewhere said such screens could be restored with silver polish. So I set about a corner of the screen with some Duraglit wadding and a yellow duster to take it off again. Given that Duraglit is slightly abrasive I wasn't optimistic about it working. However, the trial patch did work, so I went on to do the entire screen. Five years later there has been no further clouding of the screen, so it was worth doing.
Order cancelled by the (Italian) seller - no reason given. If anyone knows of alternative providers, I'd be grateful.
Gaffer tape and WD40. There, a toolkit!

Owens 'Kent', 16ft. "Dove Too"