Fuel line "crimping" rings

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Fuel line "crimping" rings

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Hi all,

What is the CORRECT name for these rings & where can I get them ?

The ones that I have are too large in diameter & the shop that I bought them in ( 10+ years ago ) is well gone!!

Tremlett 15

Re: Fuel line "crimping" rings

Post by Tremlett 15 »

sean-nós wrote:Try these T15 I think they are called mopar keystone . http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-NO ... _500wt_992 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/390-406- ... _500wt_767

Thanks "sean-nos"

now got the name BUT NOT at that price :o if I remember correctly I paid a few pence for each ;)
Last edited by Tremlett 15 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

What size do you want T15? I probably have them here at work, I do keep them. :thumbsup:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Alacrity wrote:What size do you want T15? I probably have them here at work, I do keep them. :thumbsup:

Thanks Alacrity, I will measure-up in a few mins, ( sounds like Cardiff 2010 is a "re-run" of Cardiff 2009!!! :drink: )

:drink:

:wot:

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Alacrity wrote:What size do you want T15? I probably have them here at work, I do keep them. :thumbsup:

Alacrity, the diameter of the pipe WHEN slipped over the fitting measures 13.85mm/14.2mm (outside ), so I assume a CLOSED/crimped finished size of 12.5 ish mm diameter, WOULD I BE CORRECT ?? I would like 12 number ( twelve ) ;)

I will send you a PM with my details but I am sure you still have them :thumbsup:

ALREADY GETTING READY FOR CARDIFF 2010 :D

:drink:

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

T15 I have several sizes here, one has an ID approx. 12mm uncrimped, the next one up is about 15mm uncrimped. The 15mm one is what I used on my little old Stapely. On that subject I have some plans for a different motor, a bit more power & running much higher - not in 2010 but we will see after that. Getting frustrated not being able to get her past the 59mph mark! :x :D

Let me know on the crimps, then you will owe me some :drink:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Alacrity wrote:T15 I have several sizes here, one has an ID approx. 12mm uncrimped, the next one up is about 15mm uncrimped. The 15mm one is what I used on my little old Stapely. On that subject I have some plans for a different motor, a bit more power & running much higher - not in 2010 but we will see after that. Getting frustrated not being able to get her past the 59mph mark! :x :D

Let me know on the crimps, then you will owe me some :drink:
you dont need a "bigger" engine :cry:

I think I will need to speak to se7en re a GOOD s/s prop, unable to sort any out on the websites, they dont like my outboard "age" ???? & spoke to a few "engine/boat" dealers over here :grrr: ( dip sticks ), I have "forgotten" more that they know & I dont know ........
OH back to the crimp clip, thanks, I will need to look at my fuel line tubes to see if I can get a short length with a "thicker" wall.
12mm ID would be too small for the "new" Merc line BUT may do the "old" Merc fuel line, 12mm may do the Yam on the rib ( will need to check but its 100 miles away ) I am trying to sort out 3 fuel lines & all are not just the same dia of tubes & fittings.
the clips I have are 15mm ID.

Thanks for looking, I will let you know what I need BUT it will be Mon 30th Nov as I will not be down to the rib until Sat 28th/Sun 29th.

looks as if you will have lots of :drink: @ Cardiff :wot:

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Hi Alacrity,

got some "non stainless steel" ones this morning from newish company that do gas installing, only 1 mile from were I live :grrr:

did not know this firm was in the industrial units :hmmm:

I got 2 sizes, 11mm > 13mm & 12mm > 14 mm, so I will see how these fit, ( the 12> 14mm ones only have one "crimping nipple"!! )

so if these dont do I will get back to you.

again THANKS :drink:

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

I dunno - just slap a jubilee clip round it :lol:

R
PS - Still trying to track down a 'smilie' for the forum that T15 will have trouble finding an excuse to use - I thought of you when I made that pint of black stuff availiable - and we've not even met yet...
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/