Climax exhaust manifold, for an Albatross

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Good buy

Climax exhaust manifold, for an Albatross

Post by Good buy »

As some of you may know the climax powered Albatross had two different types of exhaust manifolds. One which looks like a rectangular casting, and a four branch one. During my rebuild last year I brought a second hand Four branch manifold that was ok but not great. I noticed that all the tube lengths were different,( I was lead to believe that the primaries were supposed to be the same length) . Any way to cut a long story short. I have ended up having three built,(it’s cheaper this way) that have been spec by Climax engine services (possible the be all and end all in climaxes ) and built be a friend of there’s. But one off my buyers has pulled out. They are due for delivery in a Month. They are in stainless steel and have stainless flanges as well; they will still have the water injection as well. So to sum up I am looking for a buyer for one of them, I am not making a penny, just trying to keep the costs down. This will be a seriously nice upgrade to your boat. If you are interested please PM me. Thanks John