Fenn & Wood Meteor 1950?

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

MGPA

Fenn & Wood Meteor 1950?

Post by MGPA »

We purchased a Fenn & Wood Meteor I believe early 1950's some years ago and started restoration, I am just getting back to it and wonder if anybody on this forum has any information that would help me, in particular detail photographs to help with fitting out. Hull has been redecked with 3/16th mahogany plywood which I inlaided with ramin, the gearbox rebuilt, a replacement engine is ready to be marinised with parts that came with the boat. I am short of upholstery detail, dashboard and instruments. Any help would be very much appreciated. Another thing, I have an MG Y type which I intend to tow the F&W, does anybody have details of a period trailer design?

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Fenn & Wood Meteor 1950?

Post by Alacrity »

Hi & welcome to the forum. We have several Fenn & Wood owners (past & present) in the CMBA who will hopefully be able to help you out. Not all are computer savvy though & won't see any posts on the forum here, so it would be worth you joining the CMBA & putting a note in the club magazine. That way it should be seen by all the membership.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

MGPA

Post by MGPA »

I can’t believe it is exactly nine years since I posted my Fenn & Wood request, so much has happened in those years but nothing to our F&W Meteor Mk1 I am afraid. I have recently retired and hope to spend time on projects in my workshop, SO if anybody can help with the details outlined I would be very pleased. I am based in north Northumberland and would love to find out how our F&W ended up in Tyneside before our purchase, she had a rather large steel skeg with a distinct bend in it, any ideas? I also am looking for a contemporary (1950s) boat trailer design to put behind our MG Y type saloon.

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Post by bigminiandy »

Hi. I have a mk1 fitted with a consul 1700 engine, most were 100e. The interior on mine has been replace but my belief is that the seats were originally a blow up cushion to sit on/lean against with trim around the cockpit edge. I have some original adverts loaded on to my photobucket account. Google ‘bigminiandy photobucket’ and they should come up. .
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/