Classic z drive ?

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Canveysteve
CMBA Member: 0

Classic z drive ?

Post by Canveysteve »

Hoya trying to find out what make n model this is its no a enfield
And the base section turns 360 like a azimuth https://instagram.com/p/BJeyXSFjzw2/
Attachments
image.jpg

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Re: Classic z drive ?

Post by se7en »

May be an old "Ocean" drive unit, there was an Engish company in the late 60s early 70s called Ocean outboards that made a little outboard that was a lawn mower engine bolted to a outboard leg, they also made a a "Z" drive leg that could be bolted to an old car engine, luckily , I have never seen one, there little outboard was basic enough..!!

se7en

Post by se7en »

Just another thought, the was an odd drive unit that was put into a few Fairy Cinderella's, that went through the bottom of the boat, I know nothing about those, but there are others on this site who do, that could account for its 360 degree rotation.

Canveysteve

Post by Canveysteve »

Cant find nout on the net about eather ! Like this thin fell from the moon !
Bloke wants 125 for the full assy leg gimmble steering ect cheap and has low usage by the looks of it its to go on my norman 23

se7en

Post by se7en »

Not sure I'd want if it were free..!!.... no one really knows what it is, so you won't get any spares for it, its not anything from any of the main stream names; ie , Volvo, Mercruiser, OMC, etc and it has to be well over 40 years old !!

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Not a Fairey Drive either. By all means buy it as a curiosity, but I wouldn't risk buying it to use on a regular basis for the reasons se7en states above.

Apologies for the sideways picture - windows !0 is to blame - I will sort it when I have more time.
Attachments
Fairey Drive
Fairey Drive
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

I did think it might just be an Eaton, but the pics of that on the net are similar, but not it. I have had the Sabena pic below for 10 years, so is a mystery...may be worthwhile talking to Sabina Marine, if was an option on the Sapphire?
Attachments
LAUNCH2[1].JPG
LAUNCH2[1].JPG (12.88 KiB) Viewed 11691 times
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Canveysteve

Post by Canveysteve »

The last one could be it !!