Humber Super Snipe Marine

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Neptunia
CMBA Member: 0

Humber Super Snipe Marine

Post by Neptunia »

Hello, I`m seeking any and all information about this engine i aqquired last year. It is going in an old (`59) Mahogany twin-cabin cruiser to replace the horrible 4-cylinder Penta diesel currently installed. It was bought from the original owner (now 84!), and it was sold new here in Norway in the yaer of 1965. (I have the original invoice!) The workshop manual provided was for the Super Snipe car however. The engine runs beautifully with good compression and oil pressure, but is admittedly "cosmetically challenged" after more than 45 years of marine service, and I would like to freshen it`s appearance before installing it in the boat. Although in various shades, both the engine and B & W gearbox is (mostly) blue. Are there anyone out there that could possibly tell me what color (code?) it would`ve had when new? Or perhaps a brochure/copy of one? Any information at all concerning this engine would be greatly appreciated!

Greeting from Norway,
Tore

Neptunia

Re: Humber Super Snipe Marine

Post by Neptunia »

Trying again! Anyone out there with any knowledge of this engine, and/or Humber Marine in general? :?

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

I don't know of anyone other than perhaps Tatra man you was very knowledgeable on Rootes stuff, so he may be able to help. He hasn't been about lately so it may be worth you looking him up in the members list & sending him a PM (personal message) as he will then get an email from the forum.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Howstar

Post by Howstar »

Hi i photograph of the engine i might beable to send you if you pm me with your email,

tratra has not been very well lately but might find email interesting