Albatross engine mounts

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Jaguar

Albatross engine mounts

Post by Jaguar »

Hi, does anybody know of a supplier for suitable engine mounts for an Albatross???

Tim

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Re: Albatross engine mounts

Post by Simonp »

Generally - I have found that car engine mounts are not very suitable against the propellor thrust - does anyone know a source of good anti thrust mountings for small boats?

Did Ray Wright use special mountings?

Sorry I can't help on this!

SimonP
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.

glynn
CMBA Member: 750

Post by glynn »

I have been given this number who do engine mounts
01636 6111223

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Post by twister »

We can still get the original type if needed. Not cheap though, the last ones we sold were £22.50 each - but at least they're the right ones!

They were never designed to absorb thrust, so there's some movement of the engine under acceleration. So long as you have a decent clearance between prop & P-bracket (min 1/2") this seems to be OK, it's never been a problem with my Climax motor. I've seen some boats with rigging screws fitted (aft frame to fwd mount) to prevent the motor moving forward.

rod/Classic Covers