Delta prop

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

deltav6

Delta prop

Post by deltav6 »

Having aquired another delta ,I find I need a few items the most important being the correct pitch size and taper for a delta with a 1.6 ford in it.
The original prop is deemed scrap as the blade has been repaired at the root.
Also Im in need of the hinges for the engine cover ,the engine cover struts and clips or brackets which secure it .
The inspection hatch for the steering gear is made of perspex which needs changing so any ideas or spares welcome.

Cheers

Mark

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Re: Delta prop

Post by twister »

My firm can supply a new 9x10 LH bronze prop with a standard taper, these are individually made from a pattern taken from an original Delta 2-blade prop which Ray had. For info, we also have the original pattern for the 3-blade V6 prop.

The engine hatch hinges, assuming they're the tapered chrome ones, came originally I think from the '50s Morris Oxford. These are still used - but not locally! You'll need to do some digging, I guess, but I think they can be had as spares for the Ambassador cars built in India. However, if your boat is a late grp version, with recessed aluminium hinges, we might just be able to help.

The strut was a standard BMC/BL bonnet strut, so a hunt in some car breakers should produce one.

A new hatch is easily made from aluminium or grp.

Hope this helps!

rod
Last edited by twister on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deltav6

Post by deltav6 »

Rod many thanks for your reply ,my prop is a three blade type and the boat hull is GRP. Can you call me on 07795466546 to discuss further re price lead time etc.
I was told the rear inspection hatch was fabricated with a vent ,which I can manufacture if required .

The remaining items many thanks for helping me out ,time to visit the scrappies.

Cheers

Mark

scooter
CMBA Member: 113

Post by scooter »

The Delta was not supplied as standard with a two blade prop. I was Ray's Dealer for Scotland and I never saw a Delta with a two blade prop. The smaller Albatross had a two blade.

deltasteve
CMBA Member: 0

Post by deltasteve »

Hi
The hatch strut can also be found on Reliant Scimitars and can prob be found at either Grayham Walkers or Scimpart if you wanted new ones,they would cetainly be able to tell you where they are available if not second hand.
hope that helps some way
steve

Franklin
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Franklin »

Hi can any body HELP i have just got my hands on a beautiful Delta but she needs a lot of TLC, body work is in good shape thank god, but there is not a lot of info out there can you help.The boat number is 373215 what age would she be.
Many thanks
Franklin