Information needed about rare boat

For pre 1975 outboards and race motors only.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

emmanuel
CMBA Member: 0

Information needed about rare boat

Post by emmanuel »

Hello everyone, as this is my first post, I shall introduce myself: Emmanuel, living in France, near the Swiss border, not really an experienced sailor as I got my first boat last summer and has only been on the water with it for a few hours..... ( winter is pretty hard down here).

The goal of this thread is to get some information about a boat a friend of mine and I just exchanged for a car yesterday, here are some pictures of it:

We can see inside the boat a plate stating" Elanco Lapstrake Dinghy, Landamore uk".

After getting in touch with Anthony Landamore, he confirmed that they did actually build that boat, and this is called a Miss Mischief, but is unable to give us any more information (especially without the serial number that should be written somewhere in it, but that we cannot find). The seller advertized the boat as being from the 50's, which has not be confirmed by the builder (he didn't say either it was not).

Has any one of you ever seen this type of boat ( quite recognizable with its "Cadillac" rear wings)? and/or know anything about them?

Thanks in advance

Emmanuel