anyone heard of a MAC 7 made in italy?

For pre 1975 outboards and race motors only.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

adie
CMBA Member: 0

anyone heard of a MAC 7 made in italy?

Post by adie »

sorry just another engine i have is a mac 7, air cooled. just wantering if anyone know how old this engine might be?....it looks pre-historic!

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Re: anyone heard of a MAC 7 made in italy?

Post by se7en »

Cor, you don't half get some odd motors, 1970s, no parts or info available, were not very popular when new........ even less now.... :tumbleweed:

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Post by Tremlett 15 »

se7en wrote: were not very popular when new........ even less now.... :tumbleweed:

"classic one" se7en..............

:drink:

:wot:

adie

Post by adie »

only the best for me :perfect: may start a museum of the best old clasic engines! is a funny and ugly looking thing but the guy that had it before said it was very reliable....i beg to differ.....pull cord fails to retract so taken a part and all sprang out on me, i'll fix it! :thumbsup:
Attachments
boats and engines 003.jpg

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Post by puddleduck »

I've got one of these collecting dust in my garage! It was donated and I've had it for years - will get arounfd to fixing it one day I 'spose!

adie

Post by adie »

see im not the only one! im selling mine £2500 ono or may px for a 2009 15hp honda 4 stroke (electric start) or closest best offer.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

One day (maybe 30 years ago..) I decided to head out for an adventure to an island near our home, for a spot of leguaan watching with the dog (as one does...).

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/13499492

As sure as a bankers bonus, my mid 60s MAC died and I was left floating 150m from the island (though close to the shore and an hour's walk back..). It would start if I left it for 15mins, so I just sat and waited for it to 'cool'. After 5mins this huge ball of air bubbles rose to the surface not far from the dinghy and shortly afterwards another, but closer this time. It being hippo country, I loaded the speargun I had been given that xmas and hung over the side with it; not entirely happy to see this shadow rising slowly under the boat. I don't know who got the biggest fright, but the diver probably had to change his underwear later.

Recently I found myself staring wistfully at a clean looking MAC at a jumble (a thought which I put down to the passage of time) And no, I don't want another: quite enough, and much nicer rubbish in my garage as it is).
Attachments
a1300x9.jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

adie

Post by adie »

LOL so glad your not too trigger happy or you would have a dead diver on your hands and with the mac your not going to be able to make a quick get away!

How and i going to sell it now after that story!

we have to be careful as we get lots of hippo's on our beaches too, you need to be carefull they can make big waves and splashes when they enter the water, enough to sink small boats! thankfully most of the hoilday makers go home early september.
Last edited by adie on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Lol, me too. There's another pic with a sadder story someday will tell...

If you like that kind of hp and don't mind fiddling (and don't go offshore) the 5.5hp and 6hp twin cylinder Evinrude and Johnson are so simple to run. There stacks on ebay and they're lovely fishing motors and parts and maintenance are easy (if you don't mind fiddling). If your budget is small and you don't want gears there is a 3hp they (and Gale) made, also 2 cylinders, from about '48 onwards which has supply at jumbles and ebay, plentiful parts and a great following.

Here's a link that may be fun. Got me started a few years ago.

http://www.maxrules.com/fixtuneitup.html
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

adie

Post by adie »

one like this? lol, its clean but not getting full power when in gear. not that bothered about the engines they came with 2 little boats i got, got the boats so cheap the engines were practicly free. advertising both fishing boats and engines on my local classifieds website should raise the money needed to get another little fishing boat but this time with a mariner 40 made withing the last 20 years so practicly new lol
Attachments
boats and engines.jpg